Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody over on the RG forums contacted Spence.77 to ask why he was charging such daft prices and got a response. Which is:

He says he isnt trying to increase prices ( He is and its working ) and that he is a collector and looking out for the man

He has had offers of 5k ( with some extras thrown in by him) for it and the reason that the Mega CD listing is so high is because of that 3k one the other month and that his has more spine cards/ rare games. So erm massive price increase for a few bits of erm card erm okay then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorfarius View Post
      Somebody over on the RG forums contacted Spence.77 to ask why he was charging such daft prices and got a response. Which is:

He says he isnt trying to increase prices ( He is and its working ) and that he is a collector and looking out for the man

He has had offers of 5k ( with some extras thrown in by him) for it and the reason that the Mega CD listing is so high is because of that 3k one the other month and that his has more spine cards/ rare games. So erm massive price increase for a few bits of erm card erm okay then.
      Hold on, that doesn't add up. His cruddy listing was put up there weeks before the one that MrWistles bagged. Continuity error there. Also, his isn't complete which is a big minus - he's missing at least Syndicate, Marko's Magic Football and Fatal Fury. That's circa £400+ worth missing. Also, I'm sure that the other listing had more.

Plus - he's had offers of 5K???!! Why didn't he take it? It's actually better than the price he's listed it for!!

His has more spine cards/rare games??? -

Spine card - about the same from memory.
      rare games - how can he have more games when his is an incomplete set vs the other one which was fully complete plus regional variants and the Good Deal Games PALs (oops until they wiped themselves!!).

This geezer is hot air.

Comment

Rare yeah, but probably not that sort of price...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

No doubt this 'could' be a reasonable price but based on this sellers threadbare description, i'd be surprised if anyone bidded on it.

Comment

Looks to me he's just trying his luck on the free ebay listing day. Probably a good idea to work out what the full lot is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
              No doubt this 'could' be a reasonable price but based on this sellers threadbare description, i'd be surprised if anyone bidded on it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Massive-Ninten...1#ht_771wt_920
              i'd pay ?800 for someone to take them away from me

Comment

10 million seller for $500?

Comment

Ah, but he spent $450 on the frame!

Comment

That's awful!

I wouldn't spend $5 on it let alone $500

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                      I think he should have listed that as ?5, that really is a cheap frame. Why do people think they can get away charging these joke prices. Just cause it's old does mean it worth money.

Comment

I hope that whoever bought this is aware that the auction blurb is B-S

No way is Theme Park the third rarest PAL Mega CD game .. I see he's chosen not to mention Samurai Shodown or Fatal Fury Special. Not to mention Marko's Magic Football. All of which are easily rarer. And possibly some of the 32X CD games, Surgical Strike, Midnight Raiders, Battle Frenzy are probably roughly on a par too.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post

Lol, you've got to admire the nerve of the man. That did make me chuckle.

Comment

Why the hell are these crappy games on MCD suddenly selling for so much? It's not as if the sytem was a massive success in the UK on release, so there can't be that many people buying out of happy memories can there?

And as for that framed nintendo cart, it should be legal to repeatedly punch people like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                              I hope that whoever bought this is aware that the auction blurb is B-S

No way is Theme Park the third rarest PAL Mega CD game .. I see he's chosen not to mention Samurai Shodown or Fatal Fury Special. Not to mention Marko's Magic Football. All of which are easily rarer. And possibly some of the 32X CD games, Surgical Strike, Midnight Raiders, Battle Frenzy are probably roughly on a par too.
                              You can only really laugh at this. It was so cheap for a while as well...selling for well under what it was worth. Sad times.

Comment

Working...
                              X