Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I saw... I really hope it's legit, but evidence points to yes.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
      unboxed Victor Wondermega for the price of Sega Wondermega!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sega-megadrive...item2c572e5eca
      Haha, what's my tv doing in that auction. Oh wait it's the guy I sold it to for half the price.

Comment

Spence is alright. He paid me my £50 for the Sega CD RAM cart. So I'm happy.

Comment

Spence is alright when he feels like it. On those sort of days he will pay you straight up, and there won't be any trouble.

Of course, it's the other days that are the issue. Like when he, say, spends weeks haggling over prices of a massive load of games with you - and then, when its all agreed, spends weeks more promising faithfully to pay you tomorrow, or next week, or after payday, or when he's sold a few things, or when his magic beans have grown. But never does.

Comment

I had a bit of a weird time when dealing with that guy. I was in the UK for four weeks this summer and I took the Wondermega with me to sell. Plonking it on ebay,I originally sold it to a guy called Spence.77, however a week after the auction ended I still hadn't recieved payment. He promised me that he would pay the following weekend, I agreed and then the next weekend, still nothing. Another week passed and still nothing. At the same time I had been getting offers from other bidders for the unit and turning them down. So, almost four weeks later I decide I either sell it to another bidder, or take it back to Japan with me. I sent Spence a mutual cancelation offer on ebay, and sold it to that guy Skinnyman for the same price.

Spence turns down the mutual cancelation request and a couple of days later (once im back in Japan and have already sold the wondermega) send me the payment which I instantly refuse. I told him that I left in the UK (not exactly the truth but I couldn't be arsed going into details as I'd already wasted enough time on this) and he subsequently gives me (my first ever) negative feedback and claims that sold it for more money.

Are infact skinnyman1982 and spence.77 actually the same person?

Comment

Poxy interweb,i can't remove this bold text nonsense after copying spences retro gamer reply.

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/view...458&start=1035

Re: most ridiculous MEGA RARE on ebay?

by spence.77 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 pm
              in a brief reply to why i use bins. its that bin items have a potential of selling every second of theday that they are listed whereas auctions can potentially only sell at the very second the item auction time finishes.
              so you have vast greater odd of selling a bin throughout its listed time over an auctioned item as a potential buyer may not be able to be at the computer at time of auction finishes and does not feel comfortable leaving a bid before it finishes. with a bin item that person can view, make offers or buy it at any tie it is still listed.
              i used to hammer auctions all the time in previous years i sold but found i could not get enough listed as the crucial time bracket i thought to sell was between 6pm-10pm sometimes 5pm-11pm at push. so that all your eggs in a small time scale bracket so to speak and losing out on the rest of the 24 hour potential selling day. my auctions always started at the ?1.99 and even then many good items never sold at starting price so had to keep relisting. also if listed 1,3,5,7 or 10 days you had to wait that time scale for 1 item to finish and no dead cert it would. thats why when i had more stuff in i could cope with i moved onto bins. so i could potentially sell all my items at any given second of every day. just made more sense to me and hell of allot cheaper in listing and relisting fees.

reply was not really brief after all
              if anyone does have wish lists and prices they would like to pay ie what you would normally like to max pay via auction style listings then let me know. i will gladly hear it as have many regulars who do this.
              cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                I had a bit of a weird time when dealing with that guy. I was in the UK for four weeks this summer and I took the Wondermega with me to sell. Plonking it on ebay,I originally sold it to a guy called Spence.77, however a week after the auction ended I still hadn't recieved payment. He promised me that he would pay the following weekend, I agreed and then the next weekend, still nothing. Another week passed and still nothing. At the same time I had been getting offers from other bidders for the unit and turning them down. So, almost four weeks later I decide I either sell it to another bidder, or take it back to Japan with me. I sent Spence a mutual cancelation offer on ebay, and sold it to that guy Skinnyman for the same price.

Spence turns down the mutual cancelation request and a couple of days later (once im back in Japan and have already sold the wondermega) send me the payment which I instantly refuse. I told him that I left in the UK (not exactly the truth but I couldn't be arsed going into details as I'd already wasted enough time on this) and he subsequently gives me (my first ever) negative feedback and claims that sold it for more money.

Are infact skinnyman1982 and spence.77 actually the same person?
                Why didn't you just use the Non Paying bidder system on ebay? You'd have waited around 10 days plus a further 7 before ebay automatically cancelled the auction.

Comment

Nooooooooo Spence is on ninty stuff now !

I'm buggered ! Noooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Oh dear....

back with a vengence.....

Avg circa £20 a game. Only about 3 of em are worth more than that. About half of em are boxed.

Oh dear.
                    Last edited by chocklo; 27-10-2010, 13:28.

Comment

That auction was on at least twice this week with reserve not met at over ?700 and it wasn't even worth that.

Comment

....by his alt user name. That's pretty greedy.

Comment

Quite an odd one here, this seller has a lot of Neo carts listed but prices are all over the place. Some seem reasonable:

vs some which are just ridiculous:

Also the Buyer insists in send only SAL? Something strange going on!

Comment

Maid in Japan as well! Google translate is not the way to sell things.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOX-NEC-PC-ENG...item1c16989069
                              £75.00
                              and you get the actual HU-Card too as seen in the picture.
                              The name of the seller ,seriously.serious

Nothing is warranted at all, I'm sorry but this is simply because some items are 3 decades old, there is no way I am warranting stuff almost as old as me sorry.

Just looked at their other stock and it's all seriously priced likewise.

Comment

Just looked at his listings, what a muppet.

Comment

Working...
                                X