X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Typical bitching gamers.

They are lovely. Well crafted and designed and something totally unusual to own. I would love to see perfect replicas of games I already own.
    Just wait until people start trying to pass these off as real like with the Neo Geo market.

Comment

Fair point there but people need to know what they are buying. Although sellers should state if it is not real.

Comment

There are AES games that I wouldn't even consider buying due to conversions, they are getting so ggod it's almost impossible to tell them apart. The prospect of buying something pricey only to find out you'd been stitched up would be stomach churning. All replicas should state it somewhere on the packaging to prevent such situations. I have no issue with conversions/replicas other than that.

Comment

Surely though the average collector is savvy enough to know that there were never versions of Starfox 2, translated Secret of Mana sequel right? If he was doing fakes of readily available games (he didn't seem to when I last looked) you'd have a valid point. But he seems to be providing a useful (albeit expensive) service for people who want to play games that they'd never otherwise be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            There are AES games that I wouldn't even consider buying due to conversions, they are getting so ggod it's almost impossible to tell them apart. The prospect of buying something pricey only to find out you'd been stitched up would be stomach churning. All replicas should state it somewhere on the packaging to prevent such situations. I have no issue with conversions/replicas other than that.
            Are you talking about the US AES carts that were distributed under license despite being made from common Jap carts?

Dunno if you've seen this thread: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ad.php?t=31913

Comment

No, I was more talking about MVS conversions. I know about the whole NGF debacle too though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                Surely though the average collector is savvy enough to know that there were never versions of Starfox 2, translated Secret of Mana sequel right? If he was doing fakes of readily available games (he didn't seem to when I last looked) you'd have a valid point. But he seems to be providing a useful (albeit expensive) service for people who want to play games that they'd never otherwise be able to.
                He's only doing the boxes. You still have to have the cart.
                They are quite expensive but good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I started reading that thread but had to give in, it was giving me a headache. I'm glad we tend to avoid any massive drama threads here.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                    No, I was more talking about MVS conversions. I know about the whole NGF debacle too though.
                    Debacle? That thread is a bit long, care to summarise in simple bullet points for the attention deficit?

Comment

Sold as untested!!

Comment

Discount store my arse
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Regarding the repro box seller. I was referring to his listings for reproductions of existing SNES games like this:

Sure they look pretty good but it's only matter of time before people like this start churning out repros of all the existing rare games and resellers add loose carts and sell the games as complete and genuine using small blurry photos. I'm glad I only buy loose carts these days. This isn't even mentioning the ridiculous prices being charged for some laser printed paper.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                            Regarding the repro box seller. I was referring to his listings for reproductions of existing SNES games like this:

Sure they look pretty good but it's only matter of time before people like this start churning out repros of all the existing rare games and resellers add loose carts and sell the games as complete and genuine using small blurry photos. I'm glad I only buy loose carts these days. This isn't even mentioning the ridiculous prices being charged for some laser printed paper.
                            I agree here but I still think it is a usefull service. I would like to see a lower price for sure but at least this seller is honest.

Comment

Working...
                            X