Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, can I be banned? I can't believe that I'm even entertaining this VGA talk.

*goes and kicks a puppy in the face*
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

?700 IS serious money for a single video game in anyones book surely? My point was why do people hate it this much if you don't want to have sealed games in the first place? If you don't want them don't buy them it's as simple as that :P

But don't hate everyone else for doing so.. collecting video games is a completely different affair than collecting sealed video games..

I mean if for example you found a sealed copy of Terranigma in the wild.. would you keep iy, open the seal and play it? Knowing that the sealed copy could go for 900+? Surely common sense would say you sell it and buy yourself a mint open copy for 70 quid and then treat yourself to some armani shirts and a weekend in Vegas??

Comment

its driving up the prices of sealed games artifically though, through hocus pocus means

Its also perpetuating an even great anality towards video game collecting which isnt a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
          ?700 IS serious money for a single video game in anyones book surely? My point was why do people hate it this much if you don't want to have sealed games in the first place? If you don't want them don't buy them it's as simple as that :P

But don't hate everyone else for doing so.. collecting video games is a completely different affair than collecting sealed video games..

I mean if for example you found a sealed copy of Terranigma in the wild.. would you keep iy, open the seal and play it? Knowing that the sealed copy could go for 900+? Surely common sense would say you sell it and buy yourself a mint open copy for 70 quid and then treat yourself to some armani shirts and a weekend in Vegas??

no, i'd do a youtube 'crt' destruction video of it with a sledgehammer, then send the remains to VGA for grading...

Comment

If people are buying them, and paying the extra cash.. then its not really artificial is it? It means that people genuinly value them more after being graded.. otherwise they just wouldn't sell right?

Comment

The fact that the ?700 is being spent on a video game in the first place is what makes the scenario farcical.

If I found a sealed copy of Terranigma in the wild I'd be oblivious to its value, as I play neither PAL or anything pre-PS1. I'd be inclined to unseal it and play it though, instead of capturing it inside a block of plastic and have some dick tell me it's got 92% like it's in Mean Machines. And pay for the privilege.

Meanwhile, I wear Gieves and Hawkes shirts, not Armani.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If people are buying them, and paying the extra cash.. then its not really artificial is it? It means that people genuinly value them more after being graded.. otherwise they just wouldn't sell right?
                its a perception that they are worth more, because of the sticker and plastic case - VGA are trying to drive forward a standard, with no authority whatsoever - they are a business trying to make money; a sealed game is a sealed game, unless there is a rip/tear/nasty scuff/ding on the seal or the case, which you would mention when selling it anyway.
                Last edited by dvdx2; 26-10-2012, 14:17.

Comment

[QUOTE=J0e Musashi;1997585]The fact that the ?700 is being spent on a video game in the first place is what makes the scenario farcical.QUOTE]

I think anyone spending over ?700 on a videogame, would seriously need re-education on the value of money in the first place.....
                  Last edited by dvdx2; 26-10-2012, 14:04.

Comment

I didn't get that mean machines reference...

Comment

I didn't get that mean machines reference...
                      the score out of 100 - old percentage system for grading the quality of a game

Comment

You mean a review score? I know mean machines was a gaming magazine back in ye olde golden days :P

Or do you mean condition of a game?

Comment

I started posting in this topic btw as I'll probably be getting my Metal Gear Solid twin snakes graded before selling.
                          But let's be honest here, you're doing it purely because you want to profit as much as possible on something you found cheap in a shop, it's been glaringly apparent in your posts. I haven't got an issue with you doing it, or with the idiot who may buy it down the line purchasing it, but let's not flower it up with any kind of justification for why it's a good thing.

Comment

You can always trust a Scotsman to say what you were trying to say.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                              But let's be honest here, you're doing it purely because you want to profit as much as possible on something you found cheap in a shop, it's been glaringly apparent in your posts. I haven't got an issue with you doing it, or with the idiot who may buy it down the line purchasing it, but let's not flower it up with any kind of justification for why it's a good thing.
                              nail on head

Comment

Haha wow.. it seems that I already have 3 people that hate me now.. really? I mean did I insult anyone? Seriously now, the hate and aggressive attitude that I'm getting from this thread is WAY uncalled for.. All I'm hearing is "idiot" "dick" and all sorts..

I'm a Scotsman aswell btw..

Regarding my game and whether I sell it or not.. I was actually planning to put it on ebay auction-style (graded or not) and let it go for whatever it sells for.. I had no intention of hiding that so how exactly am I "FLOWERING IT UP"?

And Ikobo, I think this is the first time you've probably ever replied to a post I wrote.. so thanks for the personal attack.. nice touch

Comment

Working...
                                X