Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an item but I just found out that eBay has put up the Final Value Fee for all "Media" products e.g. CDs, DVDs, Games & Books to 9%!!! Very annoying.

Comment

Yes, and reduced the listing fee for these categories to a flat 10p - it's to encourage the big sellers to flood the place with listings for dvds and games so that eBay can be more like Amazon or play.

The way it works out is that if you have a large stock of items that you constantly re-list (i.e. you are a large scale commercial seller), this fee structure is better for you. If you are an individual seller who prices items to sell first time round then you get screwed over.

I've not listed anything since they made the change - it's a complete rip off. I'm waiting till 10p listing day comes up again, and will then list all my stuff in Toys & Games category, in the "Electronic games" section - and get the normal final value fee instead of the rip-off one.

Comment

Did anyone bid for this rather large collection of consoles from a German seller?

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
          Yes, and reduced the listing fee for these categories to a flat 10p - it's to encourage the big sellers to flood the place with listings for dvds and games so that eBay can be more like Amazon or play.

The way it works out is that if you have a large stock of items that you constantly re-list (i.e. you are a large scale commercial seller), this fee structure is better for you. If you are an individual seller who prices items to sell first time round then you get screwed over.

I've not listed anything since they made the change - it's a complete rip off. I'm waiting till 10p listing day comes up again, and will then list all my stuff in Toys & Games category, in the "Electronic games" section - and get the normal final value fee instead of the rip-off one.
          I didn't know this. No wonder I got screwed over when I received my bill recently. Bastards.

Comment

Shockingly low price for a PS3

USA 20gb model, in the UK with Motorstorm and Talladega Nights Blu-Ray DVD £250 plus delivery

Comment

Retro?

Comment

Same price I got my Japanese 20GB and 2 games for.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Hero View Post
                  I didn't know this. No wonder I got screwed over when I received my bill recently. Bastards.
                  My feelings exactly. They didn't tell me and I lost out on ?6-7. I'll be using the forums more!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    Shockingly low price for a PS3

USA 20gb model, in the UK with Motorstorm and Talladega Nights Blu-Ray DVD £250 plus delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PS3-SONY-PLAYS...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Same price I got my Japanese 20GB and 2 games for.
                    Still a waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by halfacandan View Post
                      My feelings exactly. They didn't tell me and I lost out on ?6-7. I'll be using the forums more!

Dan
                      It was announced in one of their emails, although they went to great lengths to conceal it. There was a small note at the end of a lengthy email about how they were going to change their VAT base from Switzerland to Luxembourg, saying that some fees had been slightly changed.

The suspicious among us (such as myself) followed the link to the full details, where they printed a very misleading set of tables to show how much better off everyone was under the fee structure, with some tiny small print at the bottom to the effect that their price comparison assumed that sellers re-listed their items an average of three times to get a sale ... in short, one of the most knowingly underhand and deliberately deceptive changes in t&c I have seen since Paypal changed their entire t&c and redefined the entire basis of their payment system in order to wriggle round the UK law that protects the right of vendors to surcharge for receiving card payments ...

Comment

eBay is a dangerous monopoly that needs to be utterly smashed.

Comment

Even though i lik eBay alot....

i don't see why people who just want to get rid off a few bits get stinged with stupid fee's etc...

This should be for the businesses what make thousands each month on that site....

When i get to list my Thunderdome cds... bet them eBay buggers will stinge me!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog View Post
                            i don't see why people who just want to get rid off a few bits get stinged with stupid fee's etc...

This should be for the businesses what make thousands each month on that site....

Oh come on now, eBay don't give a monkey's about the individual sellers any more .. the proportion of their profits that come from them is so miniscule now that they don't really care if they piss them off. The real money comes from the big businesses selling on there, so that's who they pussyfoot to now.

As demonstrated by this latest fee change. Ebay/Paypal is definitely an effective monopoly - look at the way they've pre-emptively banned Google Checkout before anyone even had a chance to try it!

However nobody appears to really give two hoots about tacking the monopoly, so I guess we're stuck with it for the time being.

Comment

Not ebay...but Cave collectors...

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h50591597

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m42739479

Comment

Wow ?150 for 3 posters hope they do something special as they certainly dont look it.

Comment

Working...
                                X