This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonathan.ladd View Post
    I was bidding on his stuff as well. It really annoyed me. Before he ended everything I asked him how much for Wrecking crew. He said ?75. I didnt reply. I have made him best offers on a couple of his 64 sealed games and he just doesn't get back to you. He is so rude and a waste of time.

Sorry Rant over.
    Let's just sit back and enjoy the fact his eBay fee's are probably stupidly high and he has made little profit from his antics!

Comment

Trouble is, his fees probably aren't all that high - it doesn't cost any more to list something BIN at ?500 than it does to list it at ?50. And as soon as they sell one game at a ridiculous mark up, it pretty much covers the cost of listing all the others that don't sell in one whack, with plenty of room leftover to pocket a tidy profit. It's pure and simple a consequence of eBay's misguided new fee set-up. Unless they change it, it will only get worse as more sellers realise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
        Trouble is, his fees probably aren't all that high - it doesn't cost any more to list something BIN at ?500 than it does to list it at ?50. And as soon as they sell one game at a ridiculous mark up, it pretty much covers the cost of listing all the others that don't sell in one whack, with plenty of room leftover to pocket a tidy profit. It's pure and simple a consequence of eBay's misguided new fee set-up. Unless they change it, it will only get worse as more sellers realise.
        Bleh... Ive obviously been out of the eBay selling game too long now.
        Where is the justice?!

Here is another joining the club...

Comment

I know this is from everyone's best friend but is this over the top or about right Cauterize?

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
            I know this is from everyone's best friend but is this over the top or about right Cauterize?
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Syndicate-mega...item2a03f21755

Haha part of me wants to say it's over priced due to who it is, but it's not that bad... Especially if you look at the link above.

From what I thought, the going price for Syndicate was anywhere between ?35-?75. But I havent checked Mega CD values in a long long time.
            It seems in the space of a year, Mega CD games have become harder to get and have doubled in price.

Even the regular run of the mill uncommons like Formula 1 are fetching around ?20-30 now.

Comment

Yup, its not a bargain, but very reasonable. I've seen it sell for ?150 over the past year. But they'll probably change their mind about selling it for that price after reading this!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
                Yup, its not a bargain, but very reasonable. I've seen it sell for ?150 over the past year. But they'll probably change their mind about selling it for that price after reading this!!
                Yeah, we need to be careful what we say in this thread or it might be used against us...

One that's really annoying me at the moment is Kolibri... That was ?20-30 about 3 years ago and I foolishly didnt buy it. Not because of its value now, but because I really want to play it...

Comment

Cauterize, I would say that Syndicate has gone for this in the past (circa 5 years back) but then plummeted as you say. Kolibri is excellent to play. Only 32X game I genuinely wanted. I think I got TonyB's copy last year or year before.

Comment

Hmmm, I dont know why though, but I have a big feeling that these prices currently are here to stay (or increase).
                    The Retro Market was just the same old faces 5-6 years ago, but now we have a whole new influx of collectors, notably the ones reading Retro Gamer magazine.

I hope I am wrong, but I dont see anything dropping in value for quite some time, if ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      Hmmm, I dont know why though, but I have a big feeling that these prices currently are here to stay (or increase).
                      The Retro Market was just the same old faces 5-6 years ago, but now we have a whole new influx of collectors, notably the ones reading Retro Gamer magazine.

I hope I am wrong, but I dont see anything dropping in value for quite some time, if ever...
                      Cauterize, i hope you're right. I have no intentions of getting buried with my collection - gotta let it go eventually, so it may as well be for a pretty penny :0)

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much ebay seems to go through phases of excitement. Retro is "in" at the moment but it will most likely peter out for awhile with prices dropping on some of the rarer stuff.

Comment

Hmmm, im not convinced to be honest. You only need to look at the prices of certain comic books now.

The difference to all these phases is that this time round, Retro is mainstream as apposed to a nieche. A large majority of these collectors who are getting nostalic about these consoles, are beginning their careers/stable jobs with a bit of disposable income to treat themselves.

Previously, it was a select few older people who had cash to burn. Im speaking with confidence on this, as I fall into the younger category enjoying a wage. Until I was working full time, I was relying on buying/selling a few games to buy other smaller priced games.
                          If we took a poll on the average age of Retro gamers, im sure you'd find its around the 21-26 mark.

To strengthen this point, the era of nostalgia we are talking about, is often refered to as the Golden Age of gaming... The 16bit era. It's gaining more fans every day alongside the ones who grew up with it.

Most of us will always hold those gaming memories close, most likely for the rest of our lives, so why would we lose interest in collecting? As i've said before, if there are rares you still want/are debating, don't leave it too late...

But I still hope I am wrong... I dont particuarly want to see our hobby fall the same way as comics. Undoubtably the recent arrivial of slabbing sealed games will soon arrive for regular games, ruining the fun for all...

(And just for the record... The VGA, since when did some self appointed 'Authority' have the say on what 'ratings' each game has condition wise... It's nothing other than a scam for those with too much dosh)
                          Last edited by Cauterize; 15-01-2010, 19:13.

Comment

I've often pondered on whether or not the 16 bit era games would maintain their values. Over the past few years the price of pre 8 bit games seem to have tumbled. Coleco vision games escape the trend - im mainly referring to the 2600 and intellivision. Will the 16 bit games also head that way? About a decade ago a complete copy of adventure would go north of ?20 easily. These days it struggles for a tenner.

Discuss...

Comment

checking a few snes game prices earlier on ebay

?15+ for cart only shadowrun and parodious...

I might go car boot on sunday, not been for years and see if i can find any gems like i used too years ago..

Comment

Hmmm, im not convinced to be honest. You only need to look at the prices of certain comic books now.

The difference to all these phases is that this time round, Retro is mainstream as apposed to a nieche. A large majority of these collectors who are getting nostalic about these consoles, are beginning their careers/stable jobs with a bit of disposable income to treat themselves.

Previously, it was a select few older people who had cash to burn. Im speaking with confidence on this, as I fall into the younger category enjoying a wage. Until I was working full time, I was relying on buying/selling a few games to buy other smaller priced games.
                                If we took a poll on the average age of Retro gamers, im sure you'd find its around the 21-26 mark.

To strengthen this point, the era of nostalgia we are talking about, is often refered to as the Golden Age of gaming... The 16bit era. It's gaining more fans every day alongside the ones who grew up with it.

Most of us will always hold those gaming memories close, most likely for the rest of our lives, so why would we lose interest in collecting? As i've said before, if there are rares you still want/are debating, don't leave it too late...
                                I'm really not sure on this one TBH, initially I'd tend to agree with most of above but then when thinking about it more perhaps not as I thought about the Oldskool Vinyl scene which appeared rock solid unstoppable, year after year the prices would rise and rise, not really dropping once since the beginning of ebay and then about a year or so ago bang!! the arse completely, completely fell out of it and now you can't give the stuff away.
                                Terrible for me as I had a collection that was previously worth absolute minimum £30000 probably alot alot more that went to being practically worthless over night.
                                Last edited by HC_O; 16-01-2010, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X