Medal of honor ps1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal of honor ps1

EA.Two letters that strike fear into the hearts of game loving folk everywhere. And not without reason!To some there churning out the hits,but for others there just churning stomaches! Not being a big EA fan myself when i first heard they were developing a WW2 fps for the ps1,i wasnt exactly over the moon, but due to an ingrained love of shooting nazi's and old WW2 films i took a chance.SUPRISE! It turned out that MOH was an amazing game!,some say its the ps1's Goldeneye, i cant say having never played Rare's classic fps but a correct me if im wrong, 9/10 from EDGE speaks for itself. In the game you play Jimmy Patterson an GI on a pretty much single handed mission to halt the nazi war machine in an exciting,atmospheric,action packed game that never lets up and is full of nice touches,(like nazi's that hurl back your grenades!),a nice sense of humour and a rousing soundtrack.Today WW2 games are ten a penny,with even the MOH franchise having lost its way,but the original MOH will always stand tall.

MOH PS1 was a very nice game at the time- not as good as GE but for a system with a severe lack of decent fps's it was a must have.

Did EA develop it in-house though? I never like to credit EA with a games creation if all they did was publish it. Look at MOH Allied Assualt for the PC which came-out in 2001- it was a brilliant game made by a team that got pissed off with EA and went their own way to create the Call Of Duty series.

EA published Populous, but I always refer to it as a Bullfrog title!
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-11-2005, 08:27.

Comment

Fair point,the game was developed by Dreamworks interactive, but was comissioned by EA, rather than brought to them.

Comment

I loved the first MoH bloody brilliant game. Back in days when they used to put decent controls in console FPS's!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
          I loved the first MoH bloody brilliant game. Back in days when they used to put decent controls in console FPS's!
          Glad you mentioned that,the control was spot on, perfection imo, they fiddled about with it for the 2nd game, god knows why?

Comment

I'm very much the other way tbh. Don't get me wrong I do really like MoH, the first ps one (and the first PS2 one too is bloody brilliant), but having been weaned on Goldeneye for a good year before I first played MoH, I was just a bit disappointed with it truth be told.

Comment

Working...
            X