what's the case with BATTLESPHERE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the case with BATTLESPHERE???

i was just checking my games stock and realised i have next to nothing for my Atari Jaguar, so as one does, i went onto ebay and saw some prices for some games!!! Came across a game called BATTLESPHERE, just wanted some knowledge about it really.
    Is it any good??? why is it so pricey (is it rare???) how much would a typical copy cost????

thank you people.

dunno but there's another version that comes with a couple of cds too...one, quite amusingly, is called jugs (the other is a demo)

Comment

It was a limited aftermarket title, released after the Jaguar had died.

Comment

Battlesphere was released long after the Jag died and is very rare. Released in 2 version standard and Gold. The Gold version had improved graphics and let you run unoffical games on the Jag CD.

Have tried to buy it a couple of times but it usually goes for ?120+ on Ebay

Not sure if the offical site is still up on the net

Comment

Yes, a limited release, done by 4 (3?) people. It is said to be excellent. It supports up to 16 players I believe, via a Jag Link set up.

There used to be a great website that explained everything, from the well designed races you could choose from (one was lizard based like the guys from "V", another looked like demons which had terrorised Earth in the past, etc.), through to the controls and gameplay ideas. Sadly I can't find it anymore.

It's basically a 3D space shooting game, you versus other pilots, in a "sphere" of space.

Never played it, but always wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
            Never played it, but always wanted to.
            Me too. I was enjoying one of Gameplay's ?30 Jags at the time it was in to development. There was a really great cult underground Jag scene going on
            Woke up and moved on to decent new consoles again before it got released. Got another Jag last year for nostalgias sake but didn't think BS was worth the moolah even though I've always wondered how it turned out.

Comment

Working...
            X