Neo Geo pocket colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo pocket colour

I am just thinking of getting one of these wonderful handhelds that has the 2D titles that I know and love. I have been looking around many sites from eBay to Play-Asia and I have come to a conclusion to buy one from Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...ur-43-99.html#

I am just wondering if the handheld is 'as new' condition, which I suspect it already is and is there a likely chance that I could get hit by the customs via Play-Asia - if so, what is the best postage package, time and money is no object here.

One last thing, are there still people on here who own one and still enjoy the experience? I have been on the games set-up topic and could not find someone with a Neo Geo handheld and games...

I'm fully prepared to part with my unboxed blue NGPC with complete (including manuals, boxes and cart cases) KoFR2 and SvC:MotM for ?25 inc postage.
    I very much enjoyed my time with them but I'm over it now, am never going to buy any more games and haven't touched it for a couple of years.
    The NGPC has been well-played so has a slightly mushy stick in the bottom-left corner, but works ok in general and doesn't make the games unplayable or anything like that and the screen is fine.
    PM me if you want it and I'll give it a final check tonight. Can even open it up and see if I can de-mush the stick if you want.

Comment

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...neo+geo+pocket

I reckon there are a few fans here. Great little handheld. If you're a little patient you can get brand new ones for very little money.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
        I'm fully prepared to part with my unboxed blue NGPC with complete (including manuals, boxes and cart cases) KoFR2 and SvC:MotM for ?25 inc postage.
        Thanks for the offer mate, truely, but I am asking for the Neo Geo as my Christmas present from my parents and it is down to my Dad to sort out this business. I am just asking about if my parents may get hit by the customs and what delivery package they should go for as it will be their (and mine) first time using Play-Asia. Besides, my parents are very anal towards 'used' products.

Wheelaa, thanks for the topic - I will get stuck into that right now.

Comment

DON'T Buy one from play Asia !! I can get you one boxed as new for about 20 pound after postage !

Got one myself with a few proto cartridges of Fatal Fury and something else and a mint boxed Densha De go which is pretty cool.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial
            Thanks for the offer mate, truely, but I am asking for the Neo Geo as my Christmas present from my parents and it is down to my Dad to sort out this business.
            No worries I might as well open it up and see if the control stick is cleanable and then if it is I'll probably end up playing the games for ages instead of doing my job application.

Go with Yakumo, very trustworthy.

Comment

i would reccommend videogameimports.com, a UK based importer, and they are very reliable, probably a better bet than using play-asia.

Yeah love the neogeo pocket, snk v capcom is still the best handheld fighter, and puzzle booble still the best handheld puzzler (better than tetris). The console had so much brilliant games for it, samuria showdown, kof r-2, gals fighters, last blade, metal slug, ..... i could go on forever but i won't. Also best packaging for a handheld console ever, its hard not to love the miniture clamshell cases, and the excellent coverart on many of its games. I feel i'm starting to regret selling mine a while back now, maybe i should consider buying one again?

Comment

Big NGPC fan here

The reason why I'm the section editor over at Digital Press... just keeping track of them all, loving them and keeping them in good condition heh...

Watch out for Cardfighter Clash coming to the DS shortly... that should be your number #1 priority to get upon buying a NGPC as it's like digital crack
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                X