Just bought a Virtual Boy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Virtual Boy....

?44.24 on ebay (before postage). 2 seperate auctions. Virtual Boy and 4 games, unboxed. Games are: Galactic Pinball, Mario's Tennis, Red Alarm, Teleroboxer.

Not bad price for an ebay UK auction and I almost certainly won't lose money when I (probably) sell it on (curiosity buy more than anything). I know I should be getting Wario Land but are there any others to look out for?

Thats an excellent price to pay for that little cache of goodness. There aren't to many good games for the VB as I think it's an aquired taste type of console. I haven't fired mine up for over a year and a half now but I think I will again soon.
    Some games are Neo Geo AES prices as well because they are rare.
    Take headache pills before you play as if your not used to playing it it will fook you up, seriously I'm not kidding.
    My honest opinion of that console is that it's a unique Nintendo product worth owning from a collecting standpoint.
    If you sell it I think Gamestation pay upwards of ?90.00 + for that console, that was about a year ago when I was quoted that price by staff there. ( prob less now )

Comment

I don't know if anyone's interested but I just picked up a copy of Virtual Baseball new for ?3 delivered http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Like I said, its more of a curio than a purchase I intend to use seriously.

Comment

My favourite game was prob. Vertical Force - a nice shooter with a pretty good sense of depth. 3D tetris was a nice spin on the old theme. Other than those (and Wario), you pretty much have the best games imo.

I had a boxed VB which i sold earlier this year - just couldn't justify having it. Played it just a handful of times really. Never ventured out of the house with the battery pack that's for sure. Talk about looking a prat!

Comment

Ive seen vertical force a few times on ebay and i'll get wario also.

Thanks.

Comment

Mario Bros. is a great game also. Nesters funky bowling is also quite good.

Comment

Great collectors item and that is a great price, does give you a really sore head when you play it Im afraid tho. Dont sell until after xmas maybe febuary as you will get a better price for it then.

Comment

Mario Tennis on VB, totally choice. Knock a few balls around for me.

Comment

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 'New and Sealed' games? I know I bought Baseball but there are loads around, even the rare ones for a few hundred quid. Could they be bootlegs or are they all genuine / old stock? (this seems a bit unlikely after all these years and I know the Atari 2600 ones are reproductions/bootlegs most of the time, wondered if these are similar?)

Comment

Would imagine there genuine as it sold f**k all.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk
                      Does anyone know what the deal is with the 'New and Sealed' games? I know I bought Baseball but there are loads around, even the rare ones for a few hundred quid. Could they be bootlegs or are they all genuine / old stock? (this seems a bit unlikely after all these years and I know the Atari 2600 ones are reproductions/bootlegs most of the time, wondered if these are similar?)
                      Genuine old stock. It would appear that Nintendo published a couple of titles in frankly ridiculous quantites since there's been oodles of sealed copies around forever. And you can still find some genuine sealed 2600 games pretty easily - O'Shea's bought hundreds of thousands of ex-warehoused games years ago and have been selling them off ever since. Most sealed 2600 games you'll see these days will stem from them (ditto 7800).

Comment

Working...
                      X