Well I never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I never

Just been playing Axelay and when fighting that Ed209 robot at the end of stage 2, I've discovered that you can fly through his legs without dying. Make's thing's a hell of a lot easier...

Anyone else discovered new tricks for old games?
    Last edited by Strider; 29-11-2005, 16:23.

I discovered yesterday that the big flying boat on level one of Keio Flying Squadron doesn't kill you if you fly into it, it can only squash you against scenery or push you into other enemies.

Comment

can't remember which forum and it aint retro but but i laughed my ass off when i read the post from a guy who played through most of resident evil 4 before discovering the run button

Comment

It's not retro but I've just found out about half an hour ago about breeding in Pok?mon. I was looking at a FAQ to find out where to get a Pikachu and then I saw how to make a Pichu by breeding two Pikachu.
        Pok?mon = far deeper than I knew.
        The problem with Pok?mon is that there'll always be some 8 year old somewhere who knows far more about it than you do.

Comment

When it first came out, I was about 4 hours into Vagrant Story before I discovered the chain system (i.e. I was killing enemies by striking them once at a time). Discovering that was a revelation, and taught me to always have a glance at the instruction booklet, especially on smarty pants RPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            When it first came out, I was about 4 hours into Vagrant Story before I discovered the chain system (i.e. I was killing enemies by striking them once at a time). Discovering that was a revelation, and taught me to always have a glance at the instruction booklet, especially on smarty pants RPGs.
            took me ages to realise about the risk system....And i wondered why i was not doing much damage

Comment

I didn't know that either. It might (only might though) inspire me to give it another go. I remember the last time I played it there's this bit a couple of hours in where there's a save point on the other side of a chasm and you have to go the long way around to get to it. It took me about two hours of exploration and battles to get to a room or two away from it, then I died. I haven't played it since. Plus I was getting pissed off with the ghosts and slimes that weren't taking damage from my hits, and the stupidly slow weapon changing system.

Comment

A friend on another forum played through the entirety of Ico without realising Yorda could be pulled out of those pits she gets dragged into.

Personally I never discovered stalking in MGS3 until my second play through.

Comment

That reminds me, I managed to 1CC Forgotten Worlds on MAME, which was really quite hard. Only later did I find out that you could fire to the left as well as right

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                    Just been playing Axelay and when fighting that Ed209 robot at the end of stage 2, I've discovered that you can fly through his legs without dying. Make's thing's a hell of a lot easier...

Anyone else discovered new tricks for old games?
                    Bloody Hell,all those years of playing Axelay and i never knew that!!

Comment

Working...
                    X