Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamcast is still kicking !!! (Radilgy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingston lj
    I really like cartoon style shooters like the Twinbee games, but they are made by Konami and I guess the makers of this new DC game just haven't got the money or maybe talent to produce a A-Grade title!
    Have you actually played the game then? from what I've heard from people who have played the NAOMI cabinet it's actually an excellent little shooter.

Comment

I have just came back from Fukuoka where they had a copy in Sega World. NOt a bad shooter to be honest. I'm not too keen on the looks at the moment but as far as it plays it's quite nice !

yakumo

Comment

I found this thread from the front page, and I have to say that I'm looking forward to this title. I don't mind the cel-shaded style, and it's looking like at least an interesting option for the half-hour diversion. The animation looks fluid, and the visuals seem to have a depth to them that clarifies the sort of processing required to display them (i.e.; this is different from Alien Hominid). As for the music... well, it seems to fit the type of game pretty well.

I haven't played Chaos Field (the first game by this 'Milestone' outfit), but I played Trizeal earlier this year and was thrilled with it. I'm not an expert at these sorts of games, so anyone can tell me that it's no good or not fun, and I would have no idea of whether or not they were right. I like it, I enjoyed it, end of story.

An aside- In some ways, it might be slightly disappointing that the Dreamcast seems to be getting only this genre in its afterlife. The way that I see it, the DC and the PS2 are the only ones getting them at all, while generic action/adventure games, first-person shooters and licensed rubbish abound on all of the main systems. Yes, there are some fine titles out there, but I'm attempting to reference the general infrequency of fresh racers, fighters, puzzlers and other staple genres of the traditional video gamer.

Granted, a new racing game can be only so unique. It's still cars racing around a track; the same goes for top-down shooters, and so on. Still, I say "the more the merrier" for these genres and will look forward to picking this title up. I read some nice impressions of the arcade game, and given how well the Dreamcast handles arcade conversion, they'll most likely hold true with the home version. I'd like to see screens or movies of more of the levels, but I can imagine there being some surprises in store, and I also wouldn't want to spoil that.

Comment

According to NCSX, PS2 & GC versions are on the way also, fourth news item down here:

Comment

pfffffft theres always one to spoil the party ;p my copy shipped from play-asia yesterday so will hopefully get it by next week

Comment

Mine shipped yesterday also, just sharing the love for the non DC owners amongst us

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                Mine shipped yesterday also, just sharing the love for the non DC owners amongst us
                how did it ship yesterday when Sega only shipped them out today ? Sounds very dodgy that does. I'll be shipping all the ones ordered from my tomorrow afternoon. Got the day of work for it

Yakumo

Comment

Play Asia often ship games out a few days before their release Yakumo, they did when Initial D launch, coz I had it sent EMS it arrived at my door before it was even in stores in Japan :P

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                    how did it ship yesterday when Sega only shipped them out today ? Sounds very dodgy that does. I'll be shipping all the ones ordered from my tomorrow afternoon. Got the day of work for it

Yakumo
                    Ncsx in the States have them in stock as well, so they must've been shipped a few days back.

Comment

Ah, I see. they must be the standard version without the phone card. Yeah, they were available to get from Monday or Tuesday.

Yakumo

Comment

Unfortunetly mine will not be shipped for a few more days yet.

I have it preordered along with treasure collection and ibara which wont be released until the 23rd

Comment

Apparently only 4,000 copies of the DC version were made and it's out on GC & PS2 at the end of March (soon eh).

DC - Vid of intro (5mb)

DC - Vid of Level 1 (20mb)

(both courtesy of Kiken)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                            Apparently only 4,000 copies of the DC version were made
                            looks like this could be a collectable title in the future, might buy one before it ends up disappearing and then resurfacing again on ebay a year later at ?100+

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                              looks like this could be a collectable title in the future, might buy one before it ends up disappearing and then resurfacing again on ebay a year later at ?100+
                              It won't ever reach that. Demand plays a huge role, i can't see it ever bein a must have title. Exclusivity and quality in combination with a limited print run are the drivers behind games such radiant silvergun and border down demanding their inflated price tags. Many games on dc have a limited print run; vampire chronicle, ssf2x for matching service etc ran at 5000 copies each but don't demand such ridiculous price tags. Reason? Despite being fantastic, theyre avalibale in one guise or another on other platforms and radilgy's release on ps2 and gc will play a role in keeping its price tag down

Comment

I dunno, I agree to some extent, but games like Bubble bobble and Rainbow Islands still fetch silly amounts on PS1 despite the saturn ver bein rarely likely to set u back more than a tenner. Has anyone got any ideas of the production runs of any of the more recent DC releases?

Comment

Working...
                                X