Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL Mega-CD spine cards - glued to the cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Mega-CD spine cards - glued to the cases?

Anyone know if spine cards were stuck to the Mega-CD cases when they were brand new? I've just picked a couple up and the spines won't budge, they're stuck on the front in the centre.

Last edited by strawdonkey; 03-12-2005, 19:31.

Afaik, both PAL and NTSC-J Mega CD games had normal, loose spine cards, held on by the celophane wrapping. And certainly not stuck in the centre of the front?!?!?

You can see a collection of PAL MCD spines over at the PAL Mega CD Library.

Interestingly though, it would seem PAL Mega CD games and US NeoGeo CD games are the only games outside of Japan to feature spine cards.

Comment

I've got a couple of Saturn games like that. I reckon it's the sellers just doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nk3y
        Afaik, both PAL and NTSC-J Mega CD games had normal, loose spine cards, held on by the celophane wrapping. And certainly not stuck in the centre of the front?!?!?
        Actually that's not quite true. There are quitea few Japanese Mega CD and Saturn games that had their spine cards stuck to the fron of the case by a square bit of double sided tape. Real pain in the arse to get off as well. I'm pretty sure some PAL ones are like that as well.

Yakumo

Comment

My copy of Robo Aleste has the spine stuck on...

I only have 6 or so pal games with the spine and all the others are loose..

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
            Actually that's not quite true. There are quitea few Japanese Mega CD and Saturn games that had their spine cards stuck to the fron of the case by a square bit of double sided tape. Real pain in the arse to get off as well. I'm pretty sure some PAL ones are like that as well.

Yakumo
            Yeah, that's how they were - no consistency in the type of tape used.

Managed to remove the spinecard with a bit more tugging so it's no problem. Cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo

Yakumo
              A copy of Sengoku Blaede I used to own had sticker residue on the back of the spine - a small square right in the middle as has been described.

Comment

Working...
              X