Secret of Monkey Island for Mac UK version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret of Monkey Island for Mac UK version

I picked this up at a boot sale recently and want to sell it on to someone who'd care. I've looked high and low and found nowt on it.

It is a genuine UK release version of Monkey Island for the mac. It is dated 1994 and still has the original reciept dated March 1995. As you can see the discs and box are different to the US Mac release here:

I can't find any information on it and can't find any evidence of it's existence.

Anyone know anything about it?

The Kixx label was for budget re-releases wasn't it? So i doubt Lucasarts had much input as to the design and box of the game.

"Here's a bunch of artwork and the game data, now give us a load of cash for licensing it"

I'm interested in it, depending on price.

mud

Comment

Originally posted by muddy
      The Kixx label was for budget re-releases wasn't it? So i doubt Lucasarts had much input as to the design and box of the game.

"Here's a bunch of artwork and the game data, now give us a load of cash for licensing it"

I'm interested in it, depending on price.

mud
      Cheers for the interest. I don't even have a Mac to test it. I'll give you first dibs but I just want to find out about it at the moment.

Comment

i don't have a mac with a floppy drive, but i'm interested for sentimental reasons i guess.

lmk
        mud

Comment

im actually looking for the secret of monkey island 1 for the PC as i still have not played this game yet. Is there a version with speach? as i hate reading fast text! Oh and know wher i can get me a copy of this game?

Comment

If you get the CD-ROM version it should have speech. I picked up the White Label budget release many years ago which had the talkie versions of both Monkey Island 1 + 2. If you can find that anywhere it's a worthwhile purchase!

Oh, and if you want to run it without hassle on any modern system, check out http://www.scummvm.org. That allows you to play on almost any system you can think of! (They even have a PS2 version now it seems...)

Comment

i knew MI2 had talkie version, but not MI1! I'd love tro try'em both with with speech.
              Ah, good 'ol monkey island1+2.. great music, twisted humour, great story.

Comment

Originally posted by t-dog
                i knew MI2 had talkie version, but not MI1!
                Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong then. I'll check!

EDIT: From a quick Google, I think I'm wrong. CD audio, but no talkie-action. Oh well... Still a great game!
                Last edited by Cobertizo; 05-12-2005, 12:41.

Comment

my mate told me that if ever they do a Monkey Island movie, I should go for the part of Guybrush Threepwood.

I think it was the long hair and beard, rather than crap sense of humour...

Comment

There's a nice little (actually, it's stupidly huge, but you know what I mean) box set of MI 1+2 on one disc with CDDA music for MI1, and MI3 on two more CDs. All three run just fine under SCUMMVM as well, apart from some synch issues with MI3 cutscenes; I was playing them last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X