Best time to ebay gaming stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time to ebay gaming stuff....

Whats the best time of year, in terms of prices, for selling gaming stuff on ebay?

I would say just now in time for xmas

Comment

I thought that. Its logical. But someone on here, I think, mentioned around March.

Comment

possibly lol just as it starting to get warm again is when all the peeps scared of real life lock themselves in with katamari

Comment

This fella seems to think now is a good time to sell

Comment

All my auctions usually start from a penny (yes, 1p!) so there is always plenty of opportunity for a bargain!
            Not this ****in' time though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky
              This fella seems to think now is a good time to sell

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMBA-DE-AMIGO...QQcmdZViewItem
              argghhh the monkey!!!! he haunts my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ehh I'd say 5p listing day. Not sure the boost in casual buyers on eBay is much of an incentive to list stuff at Christmas, coz every other idiot has the same idea. Perhaps shortly after Christmas with realistic but profitable BINs to catch the post-Christmas teenager money?
                Definitely 5p listing day though, in case any of it falls through so it won't cost you about 50p a go per item to get told that no one wants your old crap.

Comment

I read somewhere that retro stuff dosent sell well christmas time due to the huge amount of new games that get released for xmas.

Comment

I always try & buy in the summer as the number of people bidding seems low (I bet those fools are out in the sun - crazy!), hence the prices seem quite reasonable. I guess therefore it makes a bad time to sell

Comment

Yeah but are we talking import games here? I gave up trying to sell NTSC stuff because of the amount of total thickets who bid on it, even after I had emailed them to stress these were Japanese/American games, only to then say "oh, I didn't realise this wouldn't work on my PlayStation".

Seriously, has anybody got any tips for selling NTSC games on ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                        Seriously, has anybody got any tips for selling NTSC games on ebay?
                        Yes. Only offer postage to America. That should solve the problem

Too many 'click click monkeys' out there who don't read before they start bidding.

Comment

You just make it clear that it's an x region game and hence you require a games console that is capable of playing x region games to play it, and that you won't give a refund for any mistakes

Comment

Believe me, Gossi, I've tried that. But there are some really, really ignorant, stupid people around.

Comment

Yep and then the odds are that theyll end up leaving you bad feedback if you refuse a refund.

Comment

Working...
                              X