Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pippin (Atmark): Anybody know about this machine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pippin (Atmark): Anybody know about this machine???

i was recently reading the new and revamped retroGAMER, i was checking out the back pages and the most expensive console from the retro price listings was teh PIPPIN (ATMARK), theres a brief summary but what the heck is the machine about??? and how much should i be paying for it??? (cause i think a lot of the prices in retroGAMER are dodgy, no offense strider- i have emailed him about it!!!)

so anybody know about it????

i know a bit about it, was based on an Apple Mac Performa, so it's woefully underpowered. Was also know as the Bandai Pippin, lots more infor here...

not sure about a price though.

Comment

Expensive???

I'm pretty sure I've seen a blue version too? maybe it's just me
      Last edited by Geezer; 12-12-2005, 17:54.

Comment

There's also a ****-rare European version aswell the US/Jap ones. Can't remember who manufactered that one off-hand...

Comment

no way thats like a tenth of the retroGAMER price!!!!!!!! either the seller doesnt know what hes selling or price inflation of rGAMER!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

It doesnt cost more tha ?50 new or at least mint in reality, even the dev sets didnt sell for much last time on ebay.

It is interesting but it is a piece of ****. What games....hmmm Shockwave of 3DO fame, a few mac compatible Gundam games and a rare as dawn french in marathon Dragonball game. Highly doubt the last too are that playable..........oh and 3d driver "Racing Days".

The net service *Franky Online* is one of the coolest name going tho innit.

Edit : Forgot in mo RAR3 are apparent Marathon Trilogy that did go to press, info is nill but they are out there, i think one mac mag in the day did review it, ive seen the review online amongst the dust.

LOL Strider & Retrogamer in general are cool im sure, but really pfft what do they honestly know?
            Last edited by Baseley09; 12-12-2005, 18:00.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that in the past I've seen a guy listing a blue one (maybe thats the Euro version that anagrama mentioned) and finding it difficult to sell. IIRC the guy was in Italy and trying to sell it for 200-250 Euros BIN or so.

However, my mind may be playing tricks on me-no doubt someone with better knowledge will be along soon

Comment

so forget that then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was gonna buy it!!!!!!!!! BUT ALLOW IT!!!!!

Comment

ZOMG XBOCKZ 3sixtees ripp 0ffz

LOL, inspiration for the PS3 boomerang even hehe.

Comment

A quick fact-checking reveals the Euro version to have been made by Katz. A brief skim of Google suggests these were intended as developer units and not sold in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                      A quick fact-checking reveals the Euro version to have been made by Katz. A brief skim of Google suggests these were intended as developer units and not sold in stores.
                      good old anagrama comes up trumps again!!!!!

Comment

cheers for the info guys, I'll try and update it for the next issue

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                          That guys a great seller, I got most of my FM Towns collection from him.

I have 2 Pippens, white one and black one. They really were not bad powered machines for there time. Severe lack of software that's playable though.

Think they carved a small niche because they had some exclusive Dragon Ball Z games or something.

Beat the dreamcast to being the first online console too.

Comment

Working...
                          X