No announcement yet.

Gleylancer - so damn good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually I remember it beeing a little cheaper than the jp version. also I've seen it go at german ebay for less. I think its the cover that does it, its not that nice with those huge white borders

Comment

Yup, the Korean versions seem to go for less..anything up to half the price of the jp versions.

Comment

The Korean ones don't really turn up often enough to have much of an idea on pricing, though they're probably harder to find than the JP versions. Last one I saw sold was a Korean Slap Fight on YAJ a while back, which made more than the JP version generally does.

Comment

oh I just remembered, when I was really into gleylancer I expanded upon the
          cover for it and made it into a pretty nice wallpaper

http://www.geocities.com/megadrivetk/gleylancer_big.jpg

Comment

Cool.

Comment

is this game anywhere near as good as Last resort on the neo-geo CD?
              Last edited by Mu5; 11-01-2006, 12:18.

Comment

Gleylancer is alot better than Last Resort in my humble opinion.

How can you not like the music in Hellfire, it's friggin awesome.

Comment

Crikey, that's quite a statement. I found Gleylancer to be nothing more than an average game tbh. I can't think of a single standout moment in the game, and it's way too easy. Last Resort on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by kallbrand
                    oh I just remembered, when I was really into gleylancer I expanded upon the
                    cover for it and made it into a pretty nice wallpaper

http://www.geocities.com/megadrivetk/gleylancer_big.jpg

just put that on my pc

cheers, very nice!

I loved (and still do) Gleylancer

I even got code printed in mean machines, many years ago, on how to unlock 'mania' mode

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
                      Crikey, that's quite a statement. I found Gleylancer to be nothing more than an average game tbh. I can't think of a single standout moment in the game, and it's way too easy. Last Resort on the other hand...
                      I just love the design and the music in general. I think it's very atmospheric too. These are subjective things I realise. On the other hand, I found Last Resort fairly uninspiring, and the slow down is a joke in certain parts.

Comment

Yeah, agreed that LR has some crippling slowdown.

Comment

Mean Machines only reviewed the Japanese version didn't they?

They also gave it a pretty crummy score...
                          thought i'd reignite an old thread, but in the Mean Machines Sega bumper Review book thingy (the one with Virgin tokens in the back!!) they gave it somehting like 80-90%. Shame the big MM couldn't see how ace this is! Probably Rignall's mullet clouding his judgement and his eyesite...oh hold on, it's only long at the back!?
                          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

How come no one mentions Verytex in any shooter thread? I loved that game when I was younger. Had ace music too.

Comment

Verytex did have ace music. Sort of a little Thunder Force like.

yakumo

Comment

Gleylancer is excellent - have been rinsing it on my PSP lately along with Slap Fight and Ex-Ranza. I love it to bits.

Also played a bit of Eliminate Down - but I find it a bit to tough for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X