US-only N64 titles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US-only N64 titles?

Hey guys. I've just bought an NTSC N64, and I was wondering which games came out for it in the US that didn't make it to the UK? The only one I'm aware of is Harvest Moon 64, but I'm sure that there are other gems out there. Also, are there any US versions of games that were released here with considerable extra features that were cut out of the PAL versions (i.e. not just 60Hz).

Cheers!

~Skye~

Ogre Battle 64.

Very, very good.

Comment

The best US only N64 games were:

Ogre Battle 64
      Harvest Moon
      Bomberman 64 2: Second Attack
      Megaman 64
      Fighter Destiny 2
      Hay you Pikachu

I'm sure there are a few others.

Comment

Remove the clips to play japanese games and then get Sin+Punishment.

No Mercy was leaps beyond the ultra slow PAL version.

Man, you need to get all your games again for 60hz - The N64 took a real blow when it had to go to 50hz - moreso that anything I can remember.

Ogre Battle 64 is indeed ace. Such a life-waster. I played it for 40 hours solidly one weekend without a break.
        Last edited by dataDave; 12-01-2006, 00:05.

Comment

How do you mean 'remove the clips'? Thanks for your help guys, I guess that's most of them?

~Skye~

Comment

Comment

There are all the games which were only released in Blockbuster video stores in the US. I've got one of the rarer ones, Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut, in my trade thread at the mo for ?30 (boxed). I think the others were Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, International Superstar Soccer 2000, International Track & Field 2000, NFL Blitz: Special Edition, Razor Freestyle Scooter, Stunt Racer 64 & Transformers (but this game was released commercially in Japan).

Comment

Originally posted by halfacandan
                There are all the games which were only released in Blockbuster video stores in the US. I've got one of the rarer ones, Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut, in my trade thread at the mo for ?30 (boxed). I think the others were Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, International Superstar Soccer 2000, International Track & Field 2000, NFL Blitz: Special Edition, Razor Freestyle Scooter, Stunt Racer 64 & Transformers (but this game was released commercially in Japan).
                International Track and Field and ISS2000 both got PAL releases. However ISS2000 is pretty hard to find actually.

Comment

Tony Hawk 3 and Dr Mario are another couple of usa only games

Comment

Originally posted by halfacandan
                    ISS2000 and ITF2000 were not Blockbusters exclusives, although some stock may have been sold to them for rent/sale. There are multiple stories I've been told of people finding them at plenty of other places back in the day.

Indiana Jones was also available from the Lucasarts website, so not wholly exclusive either.

The others I do believe were Blockbuster only. I might have that Clayfighter off you btw if it's complete and in good condition...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                      ISS2000 and ITF2000 were not Blockbusters exclusives, although some stock may have been sold to them for rent/sale. There are multiple stories I've been told of people finding them at plenty of other places back in the day.

Indiana Jones was also available from the Lucasarts website, so not wholly exclusive either.

The others I do believe were Blockbuster only. I might have that Clayfighter off you btw if it's complete and in good condition...
                      I just pulled the list off another forum. Thought the sports games sounded a bit familiar. Clay fighter's only got the box, no instructions. Condition wise, there are a few light creases on it but it is sturdy. Certainly in good condition (not mint/near mint though).

Comment

If you have an NTSC N64 there's one game you absolutely MUST own.....

Sin & Punishment - (Treasure/Nintendo)

As someone has already pointed out you'd need to remove the cart tabs from a US machine. Very easy and safe to do.

I'd also recommend the N64 release of Bangai-Oh.

And if you have an NTSC machine do yourself a favour and buy Wave Race 64 again. The PAL conversion was awful

Comment

Working...
                        X