Super Mario World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario World

revisiting this on ZSNES and boy have my 2d platforming skills got rusty.
    found myself scarpering through the levels like a frightened mouse rather than searching for all the nooks and crannies (oo-er)

took about 5 days of fairly intensive play to finish 96 exits. tubular, awesome and outrageous are particularly tough. also forest fortress and larry's castle

now onto yoshi's island (and finishing off smb3)

This is one of those games I wish I could forget in order to play it all over again, it's not as much fun when you come back to a game after 5 years or so and still know the thing inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
      This is one of those games I wish I could forget in order to play it all over again, it's not as much fun when you come back to a game after 5 years or so and still know the thing inside out.
      Some would disagree with u on that..

Comment

While playing it on my GBA I realised the same thing, I am really, really rusty now. Either that or games these days are far far easier and much more forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by jnm23
          tubular, awesome and outrageous are particularly tough.
          Tubular was easy. I don't see how people find it hard?

Comment

Best. Game. EVAR!11!!!!

it's a reason to own a GBA. amazing game.
            Yes, I agree with Vertigo to some extent, I want to discover all of it's secrets afresh... but it is like returning to an old friend. The game just keeps giving.

Comment

It was the Star Road I found tough, I really do see this game as a work of art. If we had to lock a game in time capsule for future generations then I think this may be it. I loved revisiting it on my GBA but, like some here, was amazed on how much I had remembered.

Comment

This game took me a month of playing, not solidly. before the days of internet guides I never really bought magazines apart from for shiny free gifts and those ?10 guides are just a joke. Such a classic shame it never got its own sequel

Comment

I'm still hoping for a true follow-up to Mario4. I was impressed by Mario64, but the excitement soon faded, and I don't like 3D platformers much. I like all the Mario platformers from 1 to 4, and it's such a shame 5 never came out. Yoshi's Island is fantastic, but not the sequel to MarioWorld I would like.

The DS is getting a new 2D Mario title this year, looks good from the early shots I've seen!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                    I'm still hoping for a true follow-up to Mario4. I was impressed by Mario64, but the excitement soon faded, and I don't like 3D platformers much. I like all the Mario platformers from 1 to 4, and it's such a shame 5 never came out. Yoshi's Island is fantastic, but not the sequel to MarioWorld I would like.

The DS is getting a new 2D Mario title this year, looks good from the early shots I've seen!

Agreed.
                    Mario 4 is the best platformer ever created.

Comment

If Tubular is the level where you have to use the balloons to inflate yourself, I agree. I always had trouble with that. SMBW is one awesome game. Best Mario out there.

New Mario?! Oohh... Mario 64 doesn't really cut it!

edit: Just found those Famitsu scans of the new Mario that's coming out. So cool!
                      Last edited by danholo; 22-01-2006, 09:42.

Comment

Best Platfrom game I ve played , nothing comes close and I doubt ever will. This game was perfect.

Comment

Totally agree - SMW comes closer to perfection than any other game I've played.

Its also one of the very few games I can play all the way through now, 15 years after release, and still find it as fresh and enjoyable as the first time I played it. That's the mark of true quality.

(And, not wanting to boast or anything, but I completed the game 100% within five days of buying it. How H4rdc0r3 am I? )

Comment

Working...
                          X