Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yakumo plays upcoming Dreamcast titles (DC is retro right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Molloy
    If they released a demo of Senko on Xbox Live Arcade I could see it taking off.

There's no point in releasing it on the DC. It's like a Vs fighter, designed primarily for multiplayer. It's not meant to be much fun as a 1-player score attack kind of thing.
    Your statement contradicts itself. You say its like a vs fighter designed for multiplayer yet the dreamcast has 4 ports and plays host to an astounding array of fighting games both traditional 2d and mech like games. It could even take advantage of the system link feature that the dreamcast has a la virtual on. Admittedly xbox would have the online feature exclusive to it but thats the only area where it surpassess the dc, the graphical advantage is a moot point since dc can do naomi perfect. In the dcs favour it has:
    - a far greater user base that the 360 can ever hope to achieve in japan which lets face it is the only region where SNR would get a release
    - Cheaper development costs since its naomi which is close to dc and g.rev have had experience in porting naomi to dc under their belt

So why not get a SNR release on dc aswell as xbox 360 to reach a far greater audience. Hardly pointless is it?

Comment

Thanks for the impressions Yakumo!

I am really looking forward to Under Defeat. When you say it has the most beautiful shooter graphics ever, I have no choice but to pre-order a copy asap.

It's great to know the DC is still alive and receiving some excellent games!

Comment

Originally posted by nightstalker100
        Your statement contradicts itself. You say its like a vs fighter designed for multiplayer yet the dreamcast has 4 ports and plays host to an astounding array of fighting games both traditional 2d and mech like games. It could even take advantage of the system link feature that the dreamcast has a la virtual on. Admittedly xbox would have the online feature exclusive to it but thats the only area where it surpassess the dc, the graphical advantage is a moot point since dc can do naomi perfect. In the dcs favour it has:
        - a far greater user base that the 360 can ever hope to achieve in japan which lets face it is the only region where SNR would get a release
        - Cheaper development costs since its naomi which is close to dc and g.rev have had experience in porting naomi to dc under their belt

So why not get a SNR release on dc aswell as xbox 360 to reach a far greater audience. Hardly pointless is it?
        Hardly any sod as the DC link cable, that and more so a split screen mode would need extra programing. I think g-rev just thought it not worth thier while , and went for the 360 and LIVE option instead .

And there's just as many users on the 360 as there is onthe DC (I'm talking people how still play daily on thier DC) . At best it would sell 700,000 copies onthe Deamcast in Japan. On a good day they could sell just as many on thr 360.
        Just be happy it's coming home at all. Now I hope it comes tothe west, but hold out little hope

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
          Hardly any sod as the DC link cable, that and more so a split screen mode would need extra programing. I think g-rev just thought it not worth thier while , and went for the 360 and LIVE option instead .

And there's just as many users on the 360 as there is onthe DC (I'm talking people how still play daily on thier DC) . At best it would sell 700,000 copies onthe Deamcast in Japan. On a good day they could sell just as many on thr 360.
          Just be happy it's coming home at all. Now I hope it comes tothe west, but hold out little hope
          Why exactly would it require a split screen mode? Its a standard vs title, infact no use of the link up cable is required, i stand corrected.

I think you misunderstood my post - i'm not suggesting a release on dc in favour of one on 360 (lets be honest sales on a "dead" system arent likely to do as well on a newly released platform), i'm merely disproving a previous statement made about how a release would be pointless on the dc which it wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by nightstalker100
            Why exactly would it require a split screen mode? Its a standard vs title, infact no use of the link up cable is required, i stand corrected.

I think you misunderstood my post - i'm not suggesting a release on dc in favour of one on 360 (lets be honest sales on a "dead" system arent likely to do as well on a newly released platform), i'm merely disproving a previous statement made about how a release would be pointless on the dc which it wouldn't.
            Oh sorry, when I saw the Link Cable being talked about. I just took the Arcade version used 2 screen (like Virtual On ect). Sorry about hat, my mistake.

Seeing as 360 is a current system and as LIVE, one can see why G-Rev are porting it to the 360, over that of a DC copy (which would sell no better). They must be a reason as to why G-Rev are doing this , seeing as they still backing the DC.

Maybe they just feel this will work well on LIVE and are messing around with 360 develment kits on a rather Inexpensive port (given the NA@MI backround)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
              Oh sorry, when I saw the Link Cable being talked about. I just took the Arcade version used 2 screen (like Virtual On ect). Sorry about hat, my mistake.

Seeing as 360 is a current system and as LIVE, one can see why G-Rev are porting it to the 360, over that of a DC copy (which would sell no better). They must be a reason as to why G-Rev are doing this , seeing as they still backing the DC.

Maybe they just feel this will work well on LIVE and are messing around with 360 develment kits on a rather Inexpensive port (given the NA@MI backround)
              Thats my fault for misleading you; i read somewhere a while back of a link up feature, never questioning that it wouldnt actually be neccessary. As for a reason for supporting dc still - maybe microsoft didnt agree to under defeat seeing release (after all its still a standard shooter) and preferred SNR since its somewhat of a unique shooter/fighter hybrid and so g.rev looked for a dc release instead. Or maybe its a thankyou to fans for support with the view to still release it on 360 down the road. A most puzzling situation when you consider that the two consoles are separated by a generation in between (though you could argue dc was part of this gen despit ebowing out very early).

Comment

Working...
              X