Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Jap Saturn won't switch on, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Jap Saturn won't switch on, any help?

Hey folks, I posted this in ATF, but was told I'd get a beter response here. I've got a 1st gen Japanese Saturn, the grey one with blue buttons, it's switched for both multi-regions and 50/60hz.

When I switch it on the power light comes on and about a second later the red access light starts to flash, and nothing else happens, the disc doesn't spin, I don't think the lens moves and theres no whirring or anything from the inside, a similar thing happened about a year ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did to get it working again, but I definately did get it working, so I'm sure it's fixable.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ok..I had what sounds like the exact same problem with a Marty 2 console.

The wire that plugged into the socket that would tell the system that the cd lid was closed had come loose. The machine would power on, but the cd wouldn't work as the system thought the lid was open. I presume this is a safety feature so that people don't have their eyes burnt out by cd lasers from open systems. I didn't know this at the time, i just opened up the marty to see if anything obvious was to be seen. And lo and behold the wire from around the cd bit had come loose, a quick press and it was sorted.

Hope that helps, otherwsie sorry

Comment

I've got a similar thing with my Saturn at the mo. It's the same model- grey Japanese- but it's not modded. Anyhoo, it power on and the access light flashes but then the disc won't spin and it'll just stay at the bios screen. Sounds like it could be the same problem...

Although, Saturns are known for breaking down fairly often aren't they?

Comment

Have you also checked to see the connector from the drive unit to the main board hasn't come loose?

Comment

Working...
        X