Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ps1 Mobile light force=Gunbird? Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps1 Mobile light force=Gunbird? Question?

Mobile light force is a budget ps1 game thats a renamed and tinkered with conversion of Gunbird on the saturn for those that dont know. What id like to know is what changes were made? I know the boxart, title, and title screen were changed for the pal ps1 release, but what else if anything? Im i right in thinking they changed the player sprites too?

Just buy my copy then you can see for yourself. I accept cheques, as you know.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
      Just buy my copy then you can see for yourself. I accept cheques, as you know.
      Salesman of the year

Comment

Ha,ha! ;-)I want to mate but it depends on the answer to my question.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
          I want to mate

Comment

Think of everything that you associate with a game that would go into a box called 'personality'. That. Gone. Then think of everything you'd associate with the word "Dude". That. In.
            OK?

Comment

Oh dear, sorry seany. Thanks vertigo. Is there a jpn ps1 gunbird? I know theres a ps2 double pack but i dont want that.

Comment

Gunbird is on Jap psone, published by Atlus.

Comment

All the stuff I buy off vertigo, and he goes and de-rails a potential sale. Thanks mate

Seriously though Superdan, it is a strangely lifeless version aesthetically, although still plays quite nice. And for a fiver off my thread, surely it is worth taking the chance?

Seriously though (2), either do that or go for the PS2 one. I bet the Atlus PS1 version will cost you a bomb.

Comment

i didn't like the ps2 compilation of gunbird. awful loadtimes and it doesn't look too great either, im sure its just inferior psone ports or something. it looks better on the dreamcast.

Comment

So they did change the player sprites? They didn't seem to bother for the second one on the PS2, which is actually Shiki.

Comment

I have Mobile Light Force (knowing it was Gunbird), but I don't exactly know what was taken out (the sprites I imagine have not been changed and the voices are still in Japanese). Few of the things that are pretty obvious is the lack of a save feature for high scores and the front end is pretty awful (almost no options).

Because you can never save scores, its only really worth playing as a quick blast type of game. Still worth picking up if yu can find it cheap though, I'd say. Gameplay is still there, right?

Comment

Seriously though Superdan, it is a strangely lifeless version aesthetically, although still plays quite nice. And for a fiver off my thread, surely it is worth taking the chance?
                          But its ?3 in mines!

Comment

All the stuff I buy off vertigo, and he goes and de-rails a potential sale. Thanks mate
                            Sorry, I wasn't directly trying to do that!
                            It's definitely worth a fiver though, and I'm not just saying that.
                            Any and all shmups are worth a go for a fiver.
                            Apart from D-Force on the SNES. That's crap

Comment

The PS2 Compilation dosent have a save feature for the high scores either and has annoying boaders with pictures of the chracters down the side. Call me weird but I'd rather just have a black one to be honest.

I did think the PS2 ports were pretty much perfect besides that, though i could be wrong.

I havent played the original ports of the first one on the saturn and the second on the DC but I seem to remember reading somewhere that one of them (but don't remember which) had really messed up graphics or somthing. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

Working...
                              X