Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Gaming skill you will never forget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.

Comment

hey send it to me i can put it on my webspace or something...
      unlimited bandwidth and all that

wait is it that sf3 fight between ken and chun li?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
        wait is it that sf3 fight between ken and chun li?
        Yup.

Comment

ok never mind that then. seen it a million times. of course it never gets old...

ok i just finished sf2ce on lvl 8 with ken without any continues and got the normal ending (characters fighting each other but it's got the same music as the md/snes ones - last time i did it it had the continue countdown music. maybe i didn't do it on lvl8?)

Comment

Dunno if this helps the debate, but hey.

Comment

well it doesn't really as those are the console versions, but OMG YOU'VE GOT THAT BOOK!

i used to have that - dunno what happened to it though. my dad saw it in a book shop and bought it for us after we got sf special champ for our md. it was fantastic!

i gotta look for that book now. i can't *live* until i own it again

would you be so kind as to post the vital details (title, isbn, whatever)?

tia m8
              Last edited by randombs; 09-02-2006, 20:41.

Comment

Its the us one though. I had the uk one back in the day but chucked it years ago.

Anyway

Gamepro and Capcom Present
                Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting Strategy Guide 1994 Expert's Edition (grief)
                ISBN 1-882455-02-9

Comment

Please ...someone...post some more street fighter vids!!
                  Last edited by Mu5; 10-02-2006, 05:39.

Comment

I once finished Final Fight in the arcade on only one credit (as Cody). But those were the days before the arthritis kicked in!
                    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                      SUPER PUNCHOUT!

I loved this damn game to bits. Played it recently on an emulator and ended up getting all the way up to Nick Brusier. Tried to super punch his jumping punch, and mis timed it and got KTFO ;\/ Still beat him after that though.

Great game, so many tricks and patterns. Punching seven shades of **** out of Buck Charley, Dragon Chan, Bear Hugger and Hoy Quarlow never gets old. ;p

Narcis Prince...hated him. :xD: Best character to beat up, just to hear his pathetic whimper when he hits the mat.
                      Always used to play how quickly we can beat gabby jay.

When i discovered how much damage a counter punch could do it was great just finding out the best time to counter each enemys move.

Also the satisfaction of doing the rapid super punch move against bear hugger and all the hits connected resulting him in a daze then finishing him off with a super punch was just immense.

Anyone still got game guides for some of there older games?

Comment

ok i managed sf2t (jap) on level 8 without losing a round (save states, of course!) and i even managed to perfect the falling-barrels stage for the first time since owning my xbox

did it with ryu and got the podium bit after his ending, then the ending we've all been discussing - designers' faces and characters smashing boxes and stuff...

it was fun

Comment

Save states, pfft . Well played b_d , so now we know the differences between the arcade and console versions are pretty similar (apart from the "mastered" screen?).

Now all we need is for vertigo to admit he was pulling our leg with the "24 perfects" thing (or try and prove what happens with that also?) Either that or we all bow our heads in shame and hail to the greastest SFII player evaar!!!!!111

Comment

indeed. all hail vertigo!

Comment

Save states??
                              First time breaking all the barrels????

Bloody Hell, I thought you guys were gaming experts...

Guess you are all Dave Perry wannabes

Comment

oh shoosh. we've all gotta start somewhere* you know

* in my case i started sf when sf2 was first in the arcades so i can't say anything

Comment

Working...
                                X