No announcement yet.

C64 horizontal shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice topic to which I have only two words to add.

Iridis. Alpha.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
      take it you never owned one then?
      Don't worry; it seems any 8-bit thread is incomplete without Muse Hunter reminding us all that he doesn't like the period.

Comment

8 bit rocked, maybe he was too young

Comment

Probably. In fairness, I guess you had to "be there" to appreciate the C64's awesome-ness.

Would love to try out some of those Thalamus shooters again to see how they hold up.

Comment

Armalyte. Absolutely amazing shooter. Martin Walker rocked big time for a short while. Know it's already been said but blew me away at the time.
            Last edited by JazzFunk; 16-02-2006, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
              Don't worry; it seems any 8-bit thread is incomplete without Muse Hunter reminding us all that he doesn't like the period.
              Whats not to like about 8-bit? I grew my first pubes during the 8-bit era and as such it will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

have vague recollections of a horizontal shooter called Poltergeist, great music if nothing else

and not horizontal, but Denarius is one of my favourite C64 shooters

Comment

I'm quite sure Muse Hunter is capable of defending himself, but I do suspect it's partly a "you had to be there" thing, yes. These days, the graphics are so dated, and the number of titles you can get hold of in a matter of minutes at tap sites so large, that unless you're looking for something you remember rinsing first time around the appeal probably isn't that great.

Personally, I've a whole bunch of things that I'd rate above most modern stuff, however (though in the vast majority of cases I think shmups have dated a bit too much).

Comment

Working...
                  X