No announcement yet.

PSone collecting - jump right in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a minute... Is this game I've been hearing about, "Harmful Park", for the PSOne? I've been hearing some nice words about it considering I've not heard much about it... A JP exclusive title? What is it anyway? Why's it so good?

Comment

Whats that one called where your a guy at work and you go bezerk smashing all the **** up, then you turn into some green mantis man or something with the police after you.

Its the best of games, its the ****test of games.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
        Wait a minute... Is this game I've been hearing about, "Harmful Park", for the PSOne? I've been hearing some nice words about it considering I've not heard much about it... A JP exclusive title? What is it anyway? Why's it so good?
        Harmful Park

Originally posted by Baseley09
        Whats that one called where your a guy at work and you go bezerk smashing all the **** up, then you turn into some green mantis man or something with the police after you.
        Haha, that sounds superb if it really exists

What's the name of that bomb disposal game where you have to defuse bombs and ****? I've heard that's good.

Comment

Driver was the game that finally persuaded me to buy as PS. Then I bought FF7 and had a good laugh before selling it immediately, then MGS which blew me away as much as Driver did. Those were the two games that made me say "OK, the Saturn could never pull that off".

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
            What's the name of that bomb disposal game where you have to defuse bombs and ****? I've heard that's good.
            Its called Suzuki bakuhatsu

Hard to find but well worth the search.

Comment

Power Diggerz is a lot of fun and quite rare for a PAL game. Don't know what the original Jap title is though.

Comment

Power Shovel

Comment

Reviews of:

Bokandesuyo
                  Chippoke Ralph No Daibouken
                  Finger Flashing
                  Gaia Seed: Project Seed Trap
                  Gussun Oyoyo
                  Harmful Park
                  Kyuiin
                  Ore No Ryouri
                  Raiden DX
                  The Rapid Angel
                  Rocky X Hopper 2
                  Steep Slope Sliders 2
                  Umiharakawase Shun(Shyun)
                  Umiharakawase Shun(Shyun) 2nd Edition
                  Last edited by User447; 27-03-2006, 06:24.

Comment

I love the PS1. I have about 70 games for it- fairly modest collection - but have weeded out all the stuff I don't want leaving the sweet, sweet games I lurrrve. My faves at the moment:

Point Blank 2
                    Future Cop LAPD
                    Ghost In The Shell
                    Strider 2
                    Elemental Gearbolt
                    R-Type Delta
                    Gradius Gaiden
                    The Divide: Enemies Within
                    Soul Edge

My advice would be to get a chipped machine (like the one I am selling at the moment which if someone buys will fund the rest of the outlay I need for a copy of Harmful Park I have located), and try and stick to Jap and US games. Some PAL titles are truly abysmal, Namco fighters in particular really suffer.

Got a week off work. Just gonna start Castlevania SOTN all over again.

Comment

"Ore no ryori" was released in US. What's the english name?

What are the differences with Yakiniku Bugyou?
                      Last edited by User447; 27-03-2006, 19:10.

Comment

According to gamefaqs, it's called "Ore no Ryori" (no "U") and was released in July 2000. I've never seen it before though.

Comment

Originally posted by User447
                          "Ore no ryori" was released in US. What's the english name?
                          It never had a US release. But there was a playable demo of it on one of the PS Underground preview discs.

Comment

Aww look at that ikkle PSOne! Is it possible to get hold of them easily these days? I saw today that Sony have announced they are ceasing production, but I haven't seen them in shops or online for donkeys. Would love one A new PAL one would do as they're easily chippable, I am sure..

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                              I haven't seen them in shops or online for donkeys. Would love one
                              They've always been in Stock Direct from Sony

http://shop.uk.playstation.com/produ...partno=9103202

As for chipping i've got 2 spare Stealth IV Modchips for this model. (FYI The stealth IV is the only mod that allows the earlier, and later protected games to be played perfectly).

Pop me a PM if you're interested in one, I can install for you too.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, I might very well take you up on that! The PSOnes do output RGB right? I am sure I remember reading they didn't when they came out (PSOne, not PlayStation in general). I had an original PlayStation so didn't pay too much attention to its development in hardware etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X