No announcement yet.

NiGHTS vs Xmas NiGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game still plays well today, but looks pretty rubbish now a days. If only Sega decides to do an update for the new machines......

Comment

I'd say its aged better than most 3D saturn games but yeah, its due a nice lick of paint. Could be the most gorgeous game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
        NiGHTS is ace. The only Sega game in my top 10.

Everyone should own it.
        Now that would be something 6 billion+ people all playing video games, I wonder if it could bring world peace, stick with me on this. Just think Bush, Chaney and Co would have far less time to go bombing the crap out of places if they were playing NiGHTS and lets face it they would probably realise it was a waste of time, they?d just order a pizza and have another game, well I know which side of the war/video games dichotomy I would be on anyway, and Al-Qaeda would be like ?well we could bring the end of western civilisation but they do make some fun games? what?s with the funny pointy hat thing?? ?well you know those crazy Japanese Osama they do like silly hats?. Or maybe we could settle wars with big LAN parties?It?s the US and UK Vs Al-Qaeda and the Taliban first to 25 frags takes Kuwait. **** just think how good video games would be if the US and UK spent there military budget on game development, we should make it happen, maybe we should have a video games for world peace thread...

err sorry not sure what just happened there, the idea of everyone in the world playing NiGHTS made my head go funny.

Comment

There's so much scope for a NiGHTS update, it's such a unique score attack game. Too bad Sonic Team are totally dead and Yuji Naka doesn't give a toss.

Comment

i think a nights game would work great on the WII console

Comment

Is it remotely possible to run it via emulation and use a USB analogue pad?
              For mega love love long time stylee...

Comment

Ah Nights, back in the glory days when Sonic Team were good. Only trouble I have with it, is it always gives me a sore thumb. All those circular motions...

Fun game though, and great graphics and audio.

Comment

i must say i found it easier with the digital pad then the analogue

Comment

I always used to find it easier with the d-pad because I just couldn't get the hang on analogue at first. Then my brother started kicking the crap out of my scores when he used analogue, so I forced myself to stick with analogue and get used to it Once you've got the hang of it it's definitely better for racking up those high scores.

I'd half love to see a Nights 2, because it's such a fantastic game, but I half wouldn't want to see it because there's surely no way it can live up to the original (especially with the sorry state of Sonic Team these days). I wouldn't mind seeing a graphical update though, with nice nice high res graphics and everything else left well alone. Oh, and bump the sound up to 5.1 surround. Nights still has my favourite music in a video game, it fits the game to perfection.

Comment

I never got on with the Saturn analogue pad at all. It was just too huge and uncomfortable. It was even worse than the DC pad, and that's saying something.

I played Nights entirely on digital, I also did the same with Burning Rangers.. which was a tricky experience.

Comment

I don't know what's easier (I get better times in Wipeout3 on digital but enjoy using the analogue more) but I definitely loved playing Nights with the analogue pad. Yeah, it was big but it was so smooth with just the right resistance. I know everyone has a different fave analogue pad but the resistance of the Saturn pad was perfect for me.

I can't imagine you'd be able to get those perfect circles with digital but, being honest, I never tried it with Nights.

Comment

I wouldn't say no to a straight conversion of Nights for the Xbox Live Arcade. A 100% straight port of the Saturn version, with achievements and leaderboards, that'd be perfect for me. Plus you get to use the lovely Xbox 360 pad which is my favourite analogue pad.

I'm sure if I tried that Saturn analogue pad now I wouldn't be able to do a thing with it, it was huge. Same thing happened a while back when I played PES4 on the Xbox with an orginal Xbox pad, I could barely control anything, it was like holding a tank

Comment

Working...
                          X