No announcement yet.

Beggar Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that seems to be the reason most people have bought it. But I would like to know what it's like to play!

Comment

Christ, that packaging is godawful. It looks like a five-year old has put it together. I'm sure they could have done a better job than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
        Christ, that packaging is godawful. It looks like a five-year old has put it together. I'm sure they could have done a better job than that.
        Ooh, that be fighting talk in some quarters. I got a good slap down from several people for saying much the same thing on a certain other message board!

At least it appears to be a pretty decent game on the whole, which I suppose is the main thing. But I agree, even a carefully chosen screenshot would have made a better cover than that one IMHO.

Comment

That art could have been for the Zeldas on CD-i.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
            That art could have been for the Zeldas on CD-i.
            The covers of the zelda cd-i games are about the only good thing about them

Comment

I've only played so far but BP seems to be a fairly traditional RPG for the most part. The translation work is very good though and quite funny in places.

Comment

Ooh, that be fighting talk in some quarters. I got a good slap down from several people for saying much the same thing on a certain other message board!

At least it appears to be a pretty decent game on the whole, which I suppose is the main thing. But I agree, even a carefully chosen screenshot would have made a better cover than that one IMHO.
                How anyone could think that that packaging is worth defending is beyond me, it's terrible. I hope you told the fools on the other forum that!

The artwork is laughable - that image certainly wouldn't entice me to pick the game up off the shelf. And as for the boring black tile effect - why pick that when the later blue JAP/PAL packaging looked so much better? Even the garish red US packaging would have been a better chice.

I guess these guys didn't have loads of money to throw at the game, and so long as the actual translation is good then we've got no reason to complain, but let's face it, your average photoshop user could bang out a more attractive cover design than that one in under an hour.

But then I'm just a sucker for good packaging!

Comment

They should have got Yakumo to do it. His packaging rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                    They should have got Yakumo to do it. His packaging rules.
                    Thank you very much ! Yeah, that Begger Prince packing is bloody awful. They probably threw that together in 10 minutes or less.

Yakumo

Comment

You should offer your services Yakumo!

Comment

It might be awful but it captures/replicates the early Genesis crap insert style very well and as such is a good effort if that is the style it was trying to capture.

As Duddy said though the real thing is how the game actually plays.

(As an aside I will add that it is very easy to criticise people over their work (just look at the NG Last Hope bollox) but how many of you have or will ever bother to do such a project? A little praise for the positives wouldn't go amiss imo)

Comment

Of course you are right - the Super Fighter Team deserves praise for what they have done, but I feel that the packaging should have been given more attention. I hear what you're saying regarding the artwork being close to the (terrible) stuff we used to see on the PAL/US Megadrive, but I doubt this was their intention.

When you release the first Megadrive game in nearly a decade, I think you should put effort into every aspect of the game - and considering the quality of some of the Japanese Megadrive boxart out there, this is pretty dire.

But I stress that my comments are directed at the packaging and the packaging alone. My views are no reflection on the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                            Of course you are right - the Super Fighter Team deserves praise for what they have done, but I feel that the packaging should have been given more attention. I hear what you're saying regarding the artwork being close to the (terrible) stuff we used to see on the PAL/US Megadrive, but I doubt this was their intention.

When you release the first Megadrive game in nearly a decade, I think you should put effort into every aspect of the game - and considering the quality of some of the Japanese Megadrive boxart out there, this is pretty dire.

But I stress that my comments are directed at the packaging and the packaging alone. My views are no reflection on the game itself.
                            I would tend to agree. It's the huge chasm between the amount of time and effort that must have gone into making, translating, bug-fixing & producing the game - and the thrown together cover that kinda gets me. The amount of work involved in making a decent cover must be miniscule in proportion to the whole task, so why it couldn't have been done better is a bit of a mystery.

That said, if it's a good game, I am willing to forgive just about anything After all, Buck Rogers had a horrendously tacky cover, but that is still one of my all time fav. MD games! I only found out because I rented it from the video shop one day when there was nothing else there that I hadn't already played!

Tirian

Comment

The Buck Rodgers coverart artwork was pretty good, if memory serves.

Comment

It was very cheesy art work! But yes, it was good quality cheesy I guess:

http://www.chronicgames.net/pics/thu...buckrogers.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X