Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own and collect for just one format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaladron
    That's what I do. I spent 7 years trying to get every single Shining game. And now that I've accomplished that particular dream I've decided to go for every Team 17 game on the CD32.

Sad. I. Know.
    Excellent, Thats so close to the sort of thing i do. onotp of my castlevania quest, I'm currently trying to get a full psygnosis set atm, including the oddities like the FM towns shadow beast ports, and the PC engine version of ballistix.

Comment

I don't concentrate on one single format but I like buying games for SNES and Playstation more than for other systems. Mainly because those were the consoles I had in may childhood and early youth.

Still I find it cool to have a complete collection for a system not so many titles were released on. I try to have a complete collection of Neo Geo CD games one day.

Comment

Isnt there anyone who owns just one system? I currently juggling 8 formats witch is just too much for me, about 5 systems too many, possibly 7 too many.
        I have
        sfc
        md
        ps1
        ps2
        gamecube
        dreamcast
        gba
        psp, going to try and cut it down to 1 retro console (ps1) 1 current gen ps2/or cube i cant decide? And 1 handheld (psp) then see how that goes but ultimatly 1 format is what i want to aim for, so buy my stuff! ;-)

Comment

You see, the whole topics a thinly veiled plug for my sales thread. Lol!

Comment

I've just trimmed and bought missed games for the Saturn, then the Dreamcast. GBA next. Then N64. It includes me getting nice boxed consoles too.

Works for me. I only want 30 games max for each format, no filler at all.

Comment

I don't 'collect' at all, in the sense of filling libraries or buying stuff 100% MINT NEW AND SEALED or etc. I prefer to own a wide range of machines, but just a few games I really like on each machine. I generally only want about half a dozen real AAA titles per platform. The only exceptions are the N64 for which I keep only 4 games, and the Dreamcast that I have a few more games for due to the plethora of excellent shoot-em-ups for it, which I play a lot. I'm not going to turn this into an obnoxious anti-collector rant, but buying sealed games just to have on a shelf doesn't do it for me at all; games are meant to be played!

Comment

I've cut my systems down to a 360, a PSP, a MD/MCD/32X setup and a consolised Atomiswave mobo. I'm looking to pick up a PS3, but for now these will do me fine.
                The only system I actually collect for is the Atomiswave. There are only thirteen "joystick" games and I have seven of them already, so I'm over half way towards finishing it. Games seem to be pretty scarce at the moment on the various forums I use, so I've been concentrating on completing the art sets for the games I own instead. There is also an I/O cart attachment, which I still need to pick up for 4-up compatibility.
                It's quite fun when it's not only games that you have to buy for your collection.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n
                  Excellent, Thats so close to the sort of thing i do. onotp of my castlevania quest, I'm currently trying to get a full psygnosis set atm, including the oddities like the FM towns shadow beast ports, and the PC engine version of ballistix.
                  Man, you're not another me from a different dimension are you?

If you happen to have a spare copy of Flink for CD32 I'd happily trade it for the Mega CD version by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                    Man, you're not another me from a different dimension are you?

If you happen to have a spare copy of Flink for CD32 I'd happily trade it for the Mega CD version by the way.
                    I only have the Mega CD version of flink myself. quite keen to see the cd32 one as it didn't get a floppy release on the amiga.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n
                      I only have the Mega CD version of flink myself. quite keen to see the cd32 one as it didn't get a floppy release on the amiga.
                      From what I've read Flink would be technically impossible on a standard Amiga because it uses sprite scaling routines that require the CD32's Akiko chip. The Mega CD version is pretty impressive so I'd be interested to see if the CD32 one is any different/better.

Comment

I only have a PSP and XBOX at the moment but am seriousley looking at getting another DC, I had a large collection which I sold & is a huge regret yes I know don't remind me!
                        Going to get back into shooters and the DC seems to be the platform of choice for such games.

I'm also going to get myself a Saturn at some point, I never had one and the more I look at the stuff released on it the more I fancy a dabble at it.

Even further into the future I plan to get some sort of Amiga set-up, when I sold my kit I kept hold of my Bitmap Bros stuff, hopefully they will all still work when I finally get round to it.

Comment

Just one format? **** that! I've got:
                          Game Gear,
                          Master System,
                          Mega Drive,
                          SFC,
                          FC,
                          NES,
                          SNES,
                          PCE,
                          Virtual Boy,
                          GB,
                          GBC,
                          GBA,
                          NDS,
                          Neo Geo AES,
                          Neo Geo Pocket,
                          Saturn,
                          Dreamcast,
                          Gamebube,
                          Xbox
                          and obviously my PC
                          Plus my gp32 for travelling! I'm sure I'm missing a few systems but ho-hum.

I buy games to play them though and not to collect. I can understand why collectors stick to one format, it'd be far cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                          X