Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMFG - Arcade opening soon in Saarfhaampton!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seany1979
    Haribokart seemed shocked that my avatar is actually me, which also made me laugh.
    I've always thought your avatar looked Ghey, soft lad

glad there is about 400 miles between us

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon

glad there is about 400 miles between us
      There will be 40 miles between us when you are stationed in Hampshire, bum-boy!

Comment

yeh was a good night! good to meet everyone who was there. sorry we hogged the decathlete cab for most of the night, but anyone who wants to challenge me or haribo to a game is more than welcome next time!

its a great little venue, and once its 100% up and running will be perfect for some forum tourneys i reckon!

cant wait to see daytona in there, with that, decathlete and sega rally i'll be in heaven

Comment

Really enjoyed it, was worth the entry for playing seany at Street Fighter Zero 3 and gawping at Radiant Silvergun on a huge **** off screen.

Needs a little work, but as Sega Kid has already said, it's potential its fantastic.

Comment

Quality day, many thanks to all turned up and got involved, especially the man Seany for letting me pop round to his a game or two beforehand + getting me down there, and to Strider for giving me a lift back down the other way afterwards - cheers guys!

Enjoyed the megalos set up with Zero 3 and RSG the most - couple of little niggles with either machine here and there but at 20p a credit was quite happily churning through the credits. Looking forwards to paying another visit once all the other boards are in and any maintenance is sorted, 'tis a nice little venue with a friendly atmosphere.

As promised, I did take a couple of pics, and will see to uploading them tomorrow!

Comment

Im going down there on wednesday/thursday, anyone fancy telling me where in the main town it is?

I know southampton pretty well, so shops/landmarks near it will help me when I look

Comment

http://www.killercabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4194

Nightstalker has taken some excellent pics here. Always good when they include a glimpse of my arse, as one of them does.

Comment

Back in work Monday morning, and I must say it was a really fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Writing up the news report now, chaps.

Comment

You can see Me, Ratboy & Sega Kid obliterating the Decathelete cab in those pics

It was a great little venue, I think maybe the pool tables were a little out of place but they seemed to be a lot of use so I guess they make money (and are therefore needed). Maybe one could be replaced with some more cabs?

Shame Metal Slug wasn't there, as I was looking forward to playing that.. Seany said they also had a Daytona downstairs.. that would be amazing! Very impressed that somebody could collect some of those very rare cabs together out of their own pockets, was it financed by profit from the (very busy) net cafe below?

Had a great time, Winter Heat should definately be added to the lineup

Comment

Took me time I know, but better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov
                        Im going down there on wednesday/thursday, anyone fancy telling me where in the main town it is?

I know southampton pretty well, so shops/landmarks near it will help me when I look
                        ??

Comment

Best I can do direction-wise is say that it's near the Institute (or so I'm told), on New Road. It's an internet cafe downstairs, but from the outside of the building you can see a "MonkeyArcade" logo on the second floor.

Sorry I can't do better than that - got driven there and I'm useless with directions at the best of times, let alone somewhere I don't know

Comment

Forgot to mention the champagne moment on Sunday, well, for me anyway.

The esteemed editor of Retro Gamer instantly found the Strider machine, played through it to one of the later levels on one credit, then proclaimed: "Still got it".

Classic quote, and Daz you should put that below your avatar mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov
                              ??
                              #

http://www.starbytes.co.uk/index.php...article&sid=26

Find this place, walk in past the MMMMMOOORRRPG crew, go up the stairs and you are there, son.

Comment

Went in there on thursday, spent alot of time on SFZ3 (Kicked some as )
                                Completed Point Blank in one credit, emptied the PACMAN fruit machine of all its dollar, had some heated soul calibur 3 games, and beat some random people at pool. Was fun

Got a chance to speak to the owner, seemed really enthusiastic, and more than happy to have a chat about why he opened it, how its going, and what his plans for the future are. I was quite impressed by his determination actually!

I think ive finally found a place where I can hang out in southie 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X