Street Fighter Zero 3 on the Saturn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PAL version supports RGB too.

It's the original JPN release you need to avoid!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996
      The matching service version supports RGB iirc.
      Thanks for clearing that up, now all I need to do is find a cheap copy of this always seems to go for about ?30.

Comment

Is this THE Street Fighter game? If not, what is?

Comment

You can't go wrong with this, 3rd Strike or SSFIIX

Comment

Does this have the world mode like the PS1 version? that kept me entertained for sooo long I think ill be looking for a Pal version of this just to replay that mode, it was such fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bossk2k3
              wasn't the dreamcast version different from the saturn/playstation because it was a port from streetfighter zero 3 upper?
              I'm sure there was a Naomi version
              Thought the Naomi version was a port of the Dreamcast version tbh.

Comment

Zats correct..

Upper is a port of the DC version used for the Arcades. It contains the same weird hitboxes and bugs as the DC one. If you are serious about SFZ3, there is only one version to get. Its obvious which version I refer to. Its also not that much more expensive than the Matching Service version.

I also have the old SFZ3 on the DC. I compared the Saturn and DC versions head on and was shocked to find out how crappy it was on the DC. Not just gameplay, but also visuals and smoothness were a league behind.

In fact the Saturn version of SFZ3 might be the best game I've ever played. I play it for almost 7 years straight (with V-Cody as my main char) and its for me still the definitive 2D fighter with Third Strike as a close 2nd (but that one did not really get a perfect port.. I am thinking of getting CPS3).

Comment

ive owned my saturn version since release and i prefer it to the DC port

Comment

Where does the PS1 version fit in with all of this? Worse than the Sat and better than the DC version? Or worse than both???? I only ask this 'cos those (DC/PS1) are the two versions I have (well, three, if you count the GBA one...)

Comment

I had the PAL PS1 version, so the borders etc combined with the Dual Shock pad = bad. It was years ago I had it, though, so I can't remember how the animation etc compares.

I get by with the DC version and an arcade stick. I would like to at least try out the Saturn version, but I can't justify spending ?30 on another SF game.

Comment

In terms of accuracy of gameplay (i.e. correct hitboxes and stuff) the PSone version is much better than the DC version.

Obviously you have the loading times and fewer animation frames as a counter to this.

In terms of how they play I'd choose Saturn > Playstation > Dreamcast.

I've heard good stuff about the conversion of Zero 3 in Street Fighter Zero Anthology too on PS2.

Comment

At < ?20 the Street Fighter Zero/Alpha Anthology is a must!

Comment

Ok, so which is better, the Saturn version or the version in SF Anthology??

Comment

The ones in the Zero/Alpha Anthology - it contains several arcade revisons of the same game.
                              Last edited by Kongster; 04-06-2006, 15:23.

Comment

The PS2 ones aren't even in proper low-res are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X