• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad Gear
    Super Hang-On (MD)
    Good shout !,
    Also Mercs was better onthe MD too than the Arcade version

Comment

I'm not having that one either TA I love my MERCS PCB. The arcade version looks gorgeous.

VS
      Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 24-06-2006, 12:12.

Comment

Neo turfmasters has an extra course on the home version (neo cd)

Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
          I'm not having that one either TA I love my MERCS PCB. The arcade version looks gorgeous.

VS

So did Super Hang On , But the MD versions had the consumer mode and that made them that little bit better imo .

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
            Soul Calibur. Not the extras you expect with console versions, but just graphically, DC > Arcade.
            End of. No home conversion has ever been done better or actually supprased the arcade original like this.

Comment

Wasn't Dreamcast HotD2 slightly better too? Came out at about the same time as Soul Calibur too IIRC.

Comment

I believe it came out some time after Soul Calibur but could of been the same year. Although HOTD 2 is blinding it looks arcade perfect rather than Soul Calibur's looks like god on a GD-Rom.

If you manage to find an arcade Soul Calibur take a look. It looks like Tekken 3 quality graphics. The diffrence between the two could not be more profound.

Dont get me wrong though Tekken 3 still looks brillant. And it's in game opening movie?

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
                  End of. No home conversion has ever been done better or actually supprased the arcade original like this.
                  Its not surprising though, The arcade system running Soul Calibre was based on the Playstation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                    Wasn't Dreamcast HotD2 slightly better too? Came out at about the same time as Soul Calibur too IIRC.
                    It came out a few months before SC . It came out in mad March 1999 when the likes of Marvel Vs Capcom, Blue Stinger and some Indy racing game all ship inthe same week (more or less) . Bloody skint that Import week (Got them all the same week) , had to borrow money off my Mum to go out and watch the FA Cup game with Spurs I was so broke

And yes DC version of HOTD II was a bit better, must say it remains the best Gun game I have in terms of depth , nothing comes close

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996
                      Its not surprising though, The arcade system running Soul Calibre was based on the Playstation.
                      Not supprising that it would look the same or better but considering Soul Calibur was / is refrenced as one of the best looking games ever made it's hard to deny that the leap from arcade to console was not miniscule. It was huge.

To this day I havent been that shocked by a games graphics than the day I saw on a huge TV, Kilik sparring on his stage in Guilford Game.

For me no other conversion could ever be as shocking as this. There may be impressive conversions in the years to come but Soul Calibur was something else. If you owned a Dreamcast back then, and even if you dident, you'll know what I mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                        It came out a few months before SC . It came out in mad March 1999 when the likes of Marvel Vs Capcom, Blue Stinger and some Indy racing game all ship inthe same week (more or less) . Bloody skint that Import week (Got them all the same week) , had to borrow money off my Mum to go out and watch the FA Cup game with Spurs I was so broke

And yes DC version of HOTD II was a bit better, must say it remains the best Gun game I have in terms of depth , nothing comes close
                        I don't know about HOTD 2 being the best lightgun game, I enjoyed replaying Virtua Cop 2 a lot more than this.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                          I don't know about HOTD 2 being the best lightgun game, I enjoyed replaying Virtua Cop 2 a lot more than this.
                          Well Time Crisis is my favourite bar none but It's a valid point about HOTD 2.

It has without question the greatest range of unlockables and added bits of any lightgun game. Although it's not my favourite it's definatly got the potentional for the best replayability.

Comment

That and Confidential Mission are the only 2 lightgun games I've ever truly enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                              I was on about depth , The best Light Gun I've ever played is Lost World inthe Arcades . Well pissed off it never came to the DC

Comment

Metal Slug (NGCD) thanks to the great Combat School Mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X