The Worst of the Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strawdonkey
    I really wanted to like it, but having tried it again last night - no, it's rubbish.

The footballing aspect of it is fine - albeit rock hard, but the main problem is the stupidity of your players - if they are off the ball then even when they are allegedly under your control (with the 1P marker) they will deviate between running back to their place in the formation and running the way you want them to. The same applies for keepers, mine came out, made a save and ran back to the center of the goal instead of staying out for the rebound!

If you had control of your players then I reckon the game would open up a hell of a lot, but as it is the opposition just end up waltzing through while your team run back and forth not knowing what to do.

Shame really. I don't remember the original VS in the arcade having those issues.
    I really liked Virtua Striker 2. It's the only game in that very long list of rubbish that someone posted that I've owned. Virtua Striker 2002 was better but still in many ways more of the same.

Comment

We still need that forum love in you know, I hate the cynical and hard bastards! We need to chat about our own passtime not constantly chat about what we hate, despise and what's the worst.

Peace, love, death metal.
      Last edited by Wools; 11-07-2006, 23:43. Reason: Ludeness on my half

Comment

DC's worst games are easily the southparks, Beat up a millionaire and a lot of the PS ports (the RE's aren't bad, but I just had them on PS already.. TR is just bad ported ****e). Basically.. a lot of Windows CE **** (c'mon, even Bust a move has got massive slowdowns).

The worst game in my collection is probably VS2, but i don't really hate it. Its just unplayable at times, and the GOALL!! voice over.. is hands down the worst EVER! However I really liked VS2 (ver 99) in the arcades so I cut it some slack.

Comment

No way, the worst footy voiceover has to be Sega Worldwide Soccer '97 and '98. Crap.

Comment

That's just a bit ropey, and badly edited with different pitches. The 'Goaaal' voice of VS2 sounds like a 90 yr old alcoholic maniac who just died when screaming this.

But whats the deal with Death Crimson, isn't this among the crap? I owned DC2 myself, and found out it was some sort of RE ripoff with insanely bad controls. My lightgun didn't work either, but its a lightgun game innit?

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
              Soul Reaver not bad it's just that it's only a direct port of the ps version even down to the graphic's.
              Well, it's a port that runs at 60fps in 640x480. They tarted up some of the FX as well, iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
                But whats the deal with Death Crimson, isn't this among the crap? I owned DC2 myself, and found out it was some sort of RE ripoff with insanely bad controls. My lightgun didn't work either, but its a lightgun game innit?
                Death Crimson OX is actually really fun, it's similar to DC2 but plays alot better imo. Official light guns don't work with US software due to the highschool shooting they had just before the DC came out, you'd have to either get the Japanese version or a Mad Catz light gun to be able to use a light gun with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                  Well, it's a port that runs at 60fps in 640x480. They tarted up some of the FX as well, iirc.
                  I think the problem with most PS ports though, like the Tomb Raider games, RE2/3, Dino Crisis, Fighting Force 2 etc is that they just bumped up the res and fps. Personally that's reason enough for me to buy the DC version, but I can understand people feeling shafted.

Comment

Working...
                  X