Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polygon Window
    Do I really want a N64???
    If you're about that, download an N64 emulator (Project64 is recommended) and give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
      I have bought an USA N64 about 2 years ago (I think) and hardly play it. It is nice to have one but the graphics age badly. You might well wait to see if Nintendo Wiii can offer you N64 games on it from downloading it and possibly get better graphics.

It all depend on how much a graphics tart are you
      the problem with the N64 is that the lack of third party support really shows when yo look back at it retrospectively, despite some great games by RARE and Nintendo there is little else. I would find it hard to find 10 N64 games i would want today.........mario tennis, mario 64, bangioh, Zelda's....err....see i'm stuck already

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
        N64 onthe other just has a list full of gems that are a joy to play and just work perfect with the N64 pad , and best of all most can be got onthe cheap right now

I'll go for the N64 anyday ofthe week
        this guy talks sense!

i recently got myself a US N64 with a wheen of games, all the ones i used to have (pal versions, before i sold them off) and some games i never played before.

if its cheap then go for it. i payed about ?80 or so for 2 us 64's (1 rgb modded) and about 15 games, including Starfox,
        Mario Kart,
        Mario 64,
        Goldeneye,
        Perfect Dark,
        Zelda OOT,
        F-Zero,
        Waverace,
        Blastcorps,
        Doom,
        Shadows of the Empire,
        Rogue Squadren,
        battle for naboo,
        Pod Racer,

and its great, my cube and xbox have been gathering dust since i got it.
        Last edited by beecee; 10-07-2006, 15:58.

Comment

If it helps, I sold my PAL N64 and all my PAL games and replaced them with the NTSC versions and only got the ones I knew I would NEVER want to get rid of and would play again:

Conker's Bad Fur Day
          Mario Tennis
          FZeroX
          Sin & Punishment
          Pilotwings64
          WaveRace64
          Jet Force Gemini
          Zelda Ocarina of Time
          Perfect Dark
          Blast Corps
          Starfox64
          Goldeneye

Comment

Whoa... beecee, that's like looking in a mirror..

Comment

I got an N64 with 13 games, 2 pads, memory card and rumble pack for ?2 at a car boot last week. This is my second N64 - sold the first to make way for my Cube.

Had my first real 'play' on the new N64 last night and I have to echo the feelings of many other people in this thread - the games look terrible today (in the same way many PSX/Saturn 3D games look bad). The PAL N64 is hopeless, with a terrible fuzzy picture. Games like Starfox and F Zero X are still gold mind you, and they play like a dream. Nintendo knew how to get the best out of the machine, but much of the 3rd party stuff was poor.

Sin and Punishment was ace though.

Comment

Trouble is with the emulator they just cannot capture the controls of the n64 games.

There are quite a few that are almost unplayable purely because of the controls

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                  I have bought an USA N64 about 2 years ago (I think) and hardly play it. It is nice to have one but the graphics age badly. You might well wait to see if Nintendo Wiii can offer you N64 games on it from downloading it and possibly get better graphics.

It all depend on how much a graphics tart are you
                  I still think the likes of Mario, Turok II look class and nothing come close to beating Wave Race when it comes to Moldering waves , and one can't overlook that N64 pad.
                  It was dire for non NCL/N64 games, but games built with the N64 in mind are work like a charm onthat pad.
                  And there's a massive ammount of sheer gems that can be got onthe cheap , Cube or the N64, Not hard

N64 wins each and everytime , nobody loves graphics as much as me but when games are made so well like Wave Race64 , Mario64 , Pioltwings 64 one doesn't care so much about the graphics , even today

Comment

There's no denying the power of some of the early N64 titles especially the likes of Mario 64 and Goldeneye, them two alone would usually get me opening up my crusty, moth ridden wallet but the fact I've had two N64's before and sold them both is a strong indicator that I really don't need a third.

That said, I've also had two Super Nintendo's ( UK and Japanese ) in my time and that hasn't stopped me buying a third, had to do it, there was a boxed, virtually new American machine with all hook ups and manuals going for just over ?30 on eBay yesterday, looks like it's never been used, bought it for the truck loads of great games that I've never played on either of the other two machines for one reason or another, ( either us Brits didn't get the good stuff on PAL or I just couldn't understand the Jap text ) hopefully this USA machine will strike a happy balance.

He says...

Comment

Working...
                    X