No announcement yet.

Little known/odd JP PSone games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, while I'm here, let me recomend to you the Japan only Goemon games on PS1.

Being something of a fan, I like them all, but the really quality ones to get are:
    Ganbare Goemon: Oedo Daikaiten
    Ganbare Goemon: Uchukaizoku Akogingu (some Japanese sticking points, but the animation and styling are absolutely gorgeous)

If you're feeling slightly masochistic, you can also try:
    Ganbare Goemon: Kuru Nara Koi! Ayashi Geikka no Kuroi Kage

For the love of god though, avoid:
    Ganbare Goemon: Shin Sedai Shuumei

I thought it was trash.

This site covers the 4 games mentioned:

Comment

Originally posted by Stoise
      Yeah, but in Japan it's called Bust-A-Move. They changed the title for the western release because it was copyrighted by Taito.
      I'm sure that this is correct. I owned two of three of these titles and I'm pretty damned sure that it's called Bust A Move in Japan.

Carton by Irem is pretty decent. I'm not sure if it's too rare however.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 11-07-2006, 08:45.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
        Ooh, another RE type of game? I'm rather fond of them. Anymore info or screens for this "Deep Freeze" game?
        Originally posted by SuperDanX
        apollogies, im so sussed despite what i posted yesterday it sounds intresting id also like to hear more/see some pics.
        Soz fellas, I could only find the cover image (and a very small cover image at that, which is why I didn't Photobucket it - just type in "Deep Freeze jap" if you fancy a butchers.)

Wish I could find some actual gameplay screens for this! It was basically a Resi game, set in a tower block (to start with) and you were fighting off (human) terrorists. It was a bit like Hard Edge, but slightly less manga-ish, and with more Japanese text. It required a lot of going up and down in elevators, but I remember finding it more enjoyable than Hard Edge as the gunplay seemed a little more fun (though the graphics were a tad crap.)

Worth seeking out on CD-R but I'm not sure if it's worth paying a bomb on eBay for an original.

Comment

Sounds great, in a 'chase the express' kinda way (i love that game) that cover scan was all i could find too,:-( anyone?

Comment

I got a real cheesey japanese game today. Super Tokusatsu taisen. Its a TRPG, so may not be of interest to you or anyone else really, but its full of the classic Tokusatsu Super hero Characters. I just can't help but marvel at the coolness of it all. Fantastic stuff.

People who know me know I'm super robot mad so this game always appealed to me with it being in the same vain, but it is a total bitch to find. Its just visually cool and plays superbly in the most cheesiest of cheesy ways. I love it, but not many people would.

This cover says it all:-

http://www.geocities.com/kamengam4/k...collecxzny.jpg 8)

Comment

Originally posted by AdamJW
              I got a real cheesey japanese game today. Super Tokusatsu taisen. Its a TRPG, so may not be of interest to you or anyone else really, but its full of the classic Tokusatsu Super hero Characters. I just can't help but marvel at the coolness of it all. Fantastic stuff.

People who know me know I'm super robot mad so this game always appealed to me with it being in the same vain, but it is a total bitch to find. Its just visually cool and plays superbly in the most cheesiest of cheesy ways. I love it, but not many people would.

This cover says it all:-

http://www.geocities.com/kamengam4/k...collecxzny.jpg 8)
              You bastard!
              I just posted about that in the wanted forum earlier. Where'd you get it and how much did it set you back if you don't mind answering?

Comment

Re deep freeze, turns out it was published/developed by Sammy, so a goggle pic search for 'deep freeze sammy' brings up 4 screenshots, looks nice! Sorry no links but im posting from my phone and cant be arsed. Got a us release to o and a 'superlight 1500' (sort of like a platinium re- release) in japan so should be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
                  You bastard!
                  I just posted about that in the wanted forum earlier. Where'd you get it and how much did it set you back if you don't mind answering?
                  I don't mind answering at all. It cost me 35euros. I got from a site I've been using for a while called Neo amusement

http://www.neoamusement.com/index.php.

I just made a request to one of their workers on the off chance because I'd been searching for a while, and it hadn't appeared on his site, but he said he could get me a copy for 35euros. It was as good as brand new. If you havent used neo amusement before I'd certainly recommend them for bits of everything.

Comment

In regards to 'Deep Freeze', when I searched 'deep freeze sammy' on AOL I only got 1 screenshot (but not exactly an action-packed one.) Damned AOL!

If I could describe the game in terms of quality, it was better than Vampire Hunter D but worse than Omega Boost. If that makes sense.

Comment

That game is awsome all over, dont laugh but one of my mate collects psx games on cdr and even then it was obscure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamJW
                        I don't mind answering at all. It cost me 35euros. I got from a site I've been using for a while called Neo amusement

http://www.neoamusement.com/index.php.

I just made a request to one of their workers on the off chance because I'd been searching for a while, and it hadn't appeared on his site, but he said he could get me a copy for 35euros. It was as good as brand new. If you havent used neo amusement before I'd certainly recommend them for bits of everything.
                        Excellent. Thaks very much

Comment

Bishi Bashi is worth a look. Multiplayer minigame goodness at it's best!

Comment

Deep Freeze cover (HUGE)
                            Last edited by Sketcz; 12-07-2006, 07:50.

Comment

Guys, even a cursory search on ebay I found 10 copies of Deep Freeze for sale.

Comment

im interested in Deep Freeze! not too expensive either!

Comment

Working...
                                X