No announcement yet.

New Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimps are a Japanese dev team, most famous for making the Sonic Advance and DBZ Budokai games.

Comment

So why does Sonic Team's logo still come up before the intros?

Comment

Because they still own all licences to the game, they merely farmed the title out to an external dev team. Happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
          Because they still own all licences to the game, they merely farmed the title out to an external dev team. Happens all the time.
          No **** man? Seriously? You mean to say that Sonic Team had nothing to do at all with any of the developing?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
            There was Sonic 1 & 2 on Megadrive, and Sonic CD tho imo that is hit and miss, probably OTT................after that its mediocre for 2D sonic.....the GBA ones are OK, Sonic 3 is lame, Sonic & Knuckle was near return (that 2nd level music, omfg).

Matser System 1 & 2 are mega also
            Would agree with a fair bit of that personally.

Sonic 1, 2 & CD are legendary.

SMS/GG Sonic 1 & 2 - quality also.

Sonic & Knuckles - much underrated title, better than it was given credit for.

Sonic 3 - very disappointing - lacked the spark (and probably the playability) of the previous 2, although superior from a technical viewpoint. Trying too hard to play like a Mario title, perhaps?

After that, every other Sonic title ranges from mediocre to absolute pony, imo.

Comment

Funny how polar everyones opinions are really. I think S3&K blows the others away so much they're almost redundant.

Likewise how people seem to REALLY like SCD, or REALLY hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                Funny how polar everyones opinions are really. I think S3&K blows the others away so much they're almost redundant.

Likewise how people seem to REALLY like SCD, or REALLY hate it.
                Funny that yeah. I've also noticed how people have been rating Sonic 3 and sonic & Knuckles as seperate entities/games. I'm sure that there are still loads of folk who think the only reason for playing sonic 3 locked on to sonic & knuckles is cos you get to play as knuckles in the sonic 3 levels. Just like in Sonic 2. But there's FAR more than that. It links all the 2 games levels into one big ****er of a game with twice the emeralds to get. (The latter 7 being super emeralds which enable u to be hyper sonic/knuckles and even super tails lol.) There are clever little story tie-ins/cut scenes aswell. Sonic 3 WAS rushed but Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the end result that SHOULD have been. Best Sonic in the series for me.

But hey what do I know?

Comment

I like Sonic 2 the most apart from when you get all the Chaos emeralds and then turn into Super Sonic aka ****ing **** Sonic every 20 seconds. Supposedly charged up and near-invincible, it's actually a really badly contrived floaty uncontrollable load of bollocks. Did no one tell them it was a bad idea?
                  Then in Sonic 3 the levels are faaaaaaar too long, slow and boring and the whole game's just too fiddly and gimmicky.
                  My favourite would have to work out to be Sonic 1 then. Or the first one on Gamegear.
                  The DC one was godawful, I played it for a couple of hours, couldn't for the life of me find any enjoyment in it and never played again. I wondered why Sega felt the need to put in the homing double jump thing when people were perfectly capable of jumping directly onto things in Mario 64.
                  Found the first Sonic Advance to be weird, in that some of the levels were a bit contrived but mainly because the viewable area felt slightly too small. I was always being shot by stuff that was off the screen and because of the inertia I couldn't move Sonic out of the way in time.

Comment

Heh, to change opinion again, Sonic Advance 2 is my favourite 2D Sonic game ever... never been overly keen on the megadrive ones apart from Sonic CD which was amazing. Loved the Master System ones though. But (and this is gonna go down pretty badly :P) the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure 1 is my favourite Sonic game of all time (didn't like the Cube version at all).

Comment

Sonic adventures i remember quite clearly

Mostly because it was one of the first times i have EVER came across a bug in a console game

On my first go before you get to that whale section i hit of one of the bumpers but seemed to pass through another and the died

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                        Heh, to change opinion again, Sonic Advance 2 is my favourite 2D Sonic game ever... never been overly keen on the megadrive ones apart from Sonic CD which was amazing. Loved the Master System ones though. But (and this is gonna go down pretty badly :P) the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure 1 is my favourite Sonic game of all time (didn't like the Cube version at all).
                        You're quite right to prefer the DC version over the GC one. I've only tried the DC one myself, but I've heard that the frame rate is all messy i the GC one. The DC version is said to be alot smoother.

Comment

Working...
                        X