Clear All

Koudelka did too as well as FFVII.

*tries to think of more*

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman
      Koudelka did too as well as FFVII.

*tries to think of more*
      They had more than 1 disc though mate.

Anyone know what US games came in long box versions?
      I know of Resi, Warhawk, Kings Field, Xcom, but i'm sure there's a fair few more.

Comment

Most of the early ones I think. Tekken, Ridge Racer, WipEout, Raiden Project...that sort of thing.

Comment

So are Warhawk, Tekken and MK3 the only PAL cardboard box release games?

GARY

Comment

Assault Rigs came in a double disc case. Searching eBay, there isn't a single PAL version of it on there. I never realised it was that rare.

There is a US long box version on there, though.

Comment

Destruction Derby 2 had a double case

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Thunderhawk 2 yet? That came in a double case.

Comment

What about those slightly smaller plastic boxes with the grey casing that Raystorm, Carnage Heart, Namco Museum 5 and Little Big Adventure (and quite a few more) came in? I liked them.

Comment

Ray Tracer came in one of those weirdy small PS1 cases, as did Ultimate Doom.

they were rubbish, and didn't fit anywhere!

Comment

Tekken 2 Platinum, Total NBA '97, and Soul Blade also came in the smaller grey cases.

Comment

I think Real Bout Fatal Fury did, too.

Comment

Assault rigs appears to only be on offer from europe and australia, its just one of those games that no one probably bought

kinda like heberekes popoitto, which i only ever see on the continent.

As for weird smaller cases, crash bandicoot 2, samurai shodown III and i believe king of fighters 95 all came in them although i dont own king of fighters 95 yet

ZAG

Comment

wipEout?

I bought my PAL wipEout at launch back in '95, i never recall seeing that coming in a double CD case. Ridge definately did, but wipEout, i'd have to see it. The Double case definately wasn't the standard box.

I guess it's possible though that they just didn't have enough standard cases early on and some games came out in both box styles. I know for a fact that my day 1 PAL wipEout came in the normal box: like this.

I actually got 2 copies of Doom when i bought it on the PS1, the staff in the store (an HMV) assumed it was a 2 CD game and slapped a spare copy in there

Also, didn't Krazy Ivan came in a dual case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n
                              I guess it's possible though that they just didn't have enough standard cases early on and some games came out in both box styles.
                              This is likely to be the case (hoho).

My original copy of Ridge Racer (which would have been bought about 2 months after PAL launch) came in a standard PS style case.

I also got the cardboard box Tekken but I sold that on to fund Tekken 2. My copy of Tekken 2 (bought on launch day) also came in a regular case with the included demo disc being in a CD envelope which rested underneath the instruction manual whereas my mate got a copy a few months later in the double case version with the demo being stored in its own compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                                My copy of Tekken 2 (bought on launch day) also came in a regular case with the included demo disc being in a CD envelope which rested underneath the instruction manual whereas my mate got a copy a few months later in the double case version with the demo being stored in its own compartment.
                                My copy of Tekken 2 also had a dedicated disc-holder for the Namco demo. WipEout 2097 was exactly the same setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X