No announcement yet.

Grandia 2 or Skies Of Arcadia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned and loved Skies of Arcadia on the DC, but never had Grandia 2 on that platform. I do however own Grandia 2 on PC and (apart from the fmv, which was very low quality) think it is a great game. I think i've played through Grandia 2 more times than SoA, but then again thats because DC time is mostly taken up by other titles (plus Grandia 2 is installed on my laptop so is with me a lot more times than the DC).

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
      Well the PAL versions are boardered 50Hz only, so go US.
      Shakey,Shakey, Shakey you should know by now that you can force the UK version into 60hz with an Xploder or DC-X, so if you have one of them don't bother with a US version.

Unless of course you can find a US Grandia 2 with the music cd.

Comment

Well yes that is true =P I do generally assume most people won't be taking that route, mind.

Comment

I seem to recall that if you force PAL Grandia 2 into 60hz it messes up the timing on the voice samples causing them to cut out prematurely (during battles this is definitely noticeable). Maybe not a massive problem for some but you still need to get the US one to play it without any glitches in 60hz.

I also remember reading that SOA has some issues when forced into 60hz as well but forget exactly what issues are raised.

Comment

Not sure about Grandia 2 but SoA was 50hz optimised to run full screen screen and in glorius RGB. It doesn't work right in 60hz at all. Is it the US game that doesn't do RGB or something?

Comment

Yeah, PAL Grandia 2 is all out of sync if you play it at 60hz (like through the VGA box).

PAL Skies just doesn't work in 60hz at all no matter how hard you try and force it. As for the optimisation - that can only do so much, I would say the US version is definitely the one to get.

Comment

Yeah PAL Skies is a real mess.

By the way is it true that the Japanese version of Skies doesn't work with RGB or is that just another internet rumour?

Comment

Working...
                X