No announcement yet.

Rez, boots 1% of the time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low build quality or poorly pressed discs, what do you think?
    Yes.

My Worms only boots on the one DC I have. Never booted on anything else, and I have a lot of DCs to try it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
      Yes.

My Worms only boots on the one DC I have. Never booted on anything else, and I have a lot of DCs to try it on!
      Yes to what - low build quality or poorly pressed discs?

moonwhistle - I have a PAL copy of Space Channel 5 and it has always worked perfectly...

My guess is that Sega tried to build the DC as cheap as possible, damn the consequences. All the Sega consoles I own feel sort of flaky when it comes to build quality, the DC being the worst offender (perhaps understandable given Sega's financial situation at the time, though).

Comment

I've owned a Dreamcast since PAL launch and never had a problem with it.

Also as I'm a huge fan of the DC it's intresting to know about that faulty pressings, never knew that.

Comment

PAL DC's have quite horrible build quality, I went through 4 of them over the years. I also have a japanese and US machine which I've never had problems with. I don't know if they've actually used different components between them though, could be just bad luck I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88
            Had the same probs with a number of U.S titles on my U.S DC. But believe this was just the early launch titles; interestingly when I installed a chip (so I could boot Pal and Jap games) everything worked perfectly!? Odd indeed.
            Yeah Blue Stinger was one that had problems .

I had trouble loading REZ up on my USA DC even with DC-X. But it works fine with my Pal version .

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
              PAL DC's have quite horrible build quality, I went through 4 of them over the years. I also have a japanese and US machine which I've never had problems with. I don't know if they've actually used different components between them though, could be just bad luck I guess.
              I went throught 2 Pal ones (talk about cheap) , but my JP launch DC is still going strong and my USA model doesn't make half as much noise as my Pal or Jp models . Though that could be becasue of the Samsung drive

Comment

My guess is that Sega tried to build the DC as cheap as possible ...
                I thought this was quite well know; yeah, they just used off the shelf components. Cheap ones too. Every DC I've owned has had its own personality in a way. From noisy drives to buzzing fans, it's really bizarre. Only ever had the one die on me though, a PAL system.

I quite like that fact that each is a little different though, heh.

Comment

Working...
                X