An introduction to Beyond Good and Evil. 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
    thats when this Relay Appreciate period will run from - we wanted to give people enough time to purchase the game if they needed to before it all kicked off.

In the future the next game will be announced midway through the current games period - so anyone who wishes to partake can get themselves a copy sorted out
    Cool! i get yah now! kinda fun actually.

/me gets game ready!

Comment

Slow down 112! You need to ease off the coffee a bit...

Comment

Managed to pick up a second hand copy from a local indie for ?6!

Looking forward to starting this alongside everybody from the 16th. It was one of those games that just slipped past me that so I'm glad to have been given a reason to pick it up now. Just need to get one of Dreamfall or Dead Rising finished before then. Can't have 3 games on the go!

Comment

hopefully MS can sort out the backward compat by the 16th then.

Comment

I remember playing this game when it came out, and thought of it as a **** version of Zelda, with French overtones. Done nowt for me I'm afraid.

Comment

Cool. I'll join. The funny thing is that I've been playing this game for the last week or so. I'll wait up for you guys. I bought the PS2 version for cheap last year at a local toystore here in the Netherlands. 15 Euro or something. If there are any dutchies who want to join, but don't have the game. Get it online for cheap at Nedgame for PC, PS2 and Xbox. They ship really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder
                Cool. I'll join. The funny thing is that I've been playing this game for the last week or so. I'll wait up for you guys. I bought the PS2 version for cheap last year at a local toystore here in the Netherlands. 15 Euro or something. If there are any dutchies who want to join, but don't have the game. Get it online for cheap at Nedgame for PC, PS2 and Xbox. They ship really fast.
                Hahaha! 'Nedgame'. Do they only sell nedd for speed and fifa?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander
                  Hahaha! 'Nedgame'. Do they only sell nedd for speed and fifa?
                  I might be missing something... I don't get it...

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder
                    I might be missing something... I don't get it...
                    Sorry, Scottish humour! A 'Ned' is a 'Non-Educated Deliquent'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ned

Basicly the type that thrives on fifa, need for spees, and any other game where 'you can dee up yer car min'.

Comment

Sorry, Scottish humour! A 'Ned' is a 'Non-Educated Deliquent'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ned

Basicly the type that thrives on fifa, need for spees, and any other game where 'you can dee up yer car min'.
                      ah haha! Now I get it But no... They do sell 'm if you want But it's actually the only place I know about where they sell some of the more obscure PS2 titles. (Gamestreet 505 and some of those shoot 'm ups)

Comment

Off into town on the BG&E hunt - really looking forward to getting into this

Boo, Croydon is dry
                        Last edited by spagmasterswift; 08-10-2006, 20:29.

Comment

Whaddya know, the gf apperantly left her copy here along with her PS2. I'll be giving this a go shortly.

Comment

I remember playing this game when it came out, and thought of it as a **** version of Zelda, with French overtones. Done nowt for me I'm afraid.
                            I have to disagree with that. Regardless of what people say, I have a finished BG&E in my house, and a Wind Waker where I've played the first two hours and got bored.

The minigames in it are staggering; I've played full racing games that are worse than the racing minigame. Also, the two-person dynamic makes it a very different experience to a Zelda game, along with the camera item.

Just because it's a platforming adventure game does not mean it's a Zelda clone, and does not mean it's worse than Wind Waker just because WW is a Zelda game. Once you get into it you see that it goes off very much in it's own direction in terms of the action.

Spoilers:

Plus, the storyline, centering on the concept of the media being controlled by a dictatorship betraying its people, brought down by anarchism, is far more mature than the story of any Zelda game. Each time you revisit the city after Jade takes an earthshattering photograph, you see it gradually change. People carry signs protesting the government etc.

Then there are certain scenes in it that will always stick in my memory, such as the trinity-esque rooftop chase (which is so good it's unreal).

Also, I remember really liking the world of Hillys, in terms of level design and just overall how it looked.

Last edited by charlesr; 09-10-2006, 16:09.

Comment

I played and completed this a while back. Loved every minute of it, although the framerate was horrid on the XBOX.

Comment

I remember getting this cheap because I heard it was good, and at the time Ubi Soft has just given me the great Prince of Persia: SOT, so I thought I would see if this was just as good!

Initially a bit put out by the fact is was in widescreen as I recall, and I only had a 4:3 TV (though saying that if nothing else now I has a WS set I have an excuse to play it again!), but once I got stuck into it, I really really enjoyed it and thought it was a fantastic game!

Can't really remember any of the story now mind you, so I think I might well join in the replay to remind myself of this classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X