No announcement yet.

Retro Gamer Issue 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my dodgy issue 28 I just applied a bit of PVA glue and it did the trick. However my pages weren't that bad - I don't think the mag was going to fall apart, I did it mainly for cosmetic reasons.

But I 100% agree with you, it's not a good situation, and Imagine need to get on to their printers to get it sorted. These magazines are ones you're going to want to keep for a lifetime so you want them to last.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
      On my dodgy issue 28 I just applied a bit of PVA glue and it did the trick. However my pages weren't that bad - I don't think the mag was going to fall apart, I did it mainly for cosmetic reasons.

But I 100% agree with you, it's not a good situation, and Imagine need to get on to their printers to get it sorted. These magazines are ones you're going to want to keep for a lifetime so you want them to last.
      Yep.. I want to keep them forever, and cheish them. When they fall apart, it makes me cry ... Seriously... it does!

I will try some glue!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy!
        I thought Darran was being stingy with the glue
        Not stingy, it's just that Bournemouth's supply of horses has been running low recently. I spend more time stirring this giant boiling vat than I do actually writing.

Yes, we are actually that retro.

Comment

Heh heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
            Not stingy, it's just that Bournemouth's supply of horses has been running low recently. I spend more time stirring this giant boiling vat than I do actually writing.

Yes, we are actually that retro.

For some reason you inspired me to create this:

Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-11-2006, 16:24.

Comment

Perfect...

Although for true authenticity it needs a masked giant in the background, holding a whip.

Comment

I didn't realise Daz was into S+M, Jon.

Seriously though enjoyed this ish. the N64 article was ace although I disagree with the "perfect 10 games" - but that is what it is all about, innit?

Thought the extended advert for Damien's website was a bit much, mind.

Comment

Cheers Seany on the N64 piece, I wanted to explore what happened to the N64 in the light of Sony rather than just waffle on about the games
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                    I didn't realise Daz was into S+M, Jon.

Seriously though enjoyed this ish. the N64 article was ace although I disagree with the "perfect 10 games" - but that is what it is all about, innit?

Thought the extended advert for Damien's website was a bit much, mind.
                    Disagreeing with my perfect ten?

BANNED!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I haven't bought my copy yet. Is Wave Race no1?

I bet Ocarina or Goldeneye is??

My favourtite N64 games:

1. Wave Race

2. Diddy Kong Racing

3. Star Fox 64

4. Pilot Wings

5. Blast Corps

All still a joy to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        Cheers Seany on the N64 piece, I wanted to explore what happened to the N64 in the light of Sony rather than just waffle on about the games
                        Every piece you do is ace mate. I tell you what though, I would love to have a go at doing one of them pieces, where you look back at a machine. I guess if Daz ever does a Neo Geo one I would be a candidate.

Comment

Thought the extended advert for Damien's website was a bit much, mind

I tell you what though, I would love to have a go at doing one of them pieces, where you look back at a machine
                          I seriously want to do a PC Engine one.

Comment

"Freelancers - will do machine retrospectives 4 food"

Comment

On the whole I'm not a fan of gaming magazines (any more), but I have to say this issue is superb. Glue issues aside, the content is superb; well-written, informed & clearly coming from a loving standpoint. The heavy Nintendo presence particularly suits me, although I realise that this is a 'special edition' as it were. Another excellent cover from Mr Overton as well.

Mayhem, the N64 retrospective is great & a pleasure to read - personally I could've done with another 2 pages of it, but I don't know if you had any more to say, or there wasn't enough room. No matter, it's a top piece.

The top 10 didn't seem to include Majora's Mask, which is clearly an oversight - where can I send my copy back in order to receive a fixed issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                                Mayhem, the N64 retrospective is great & a pleasure to read - personally I could've done with another 2 pages of it, but I don't know if you had any more to say, or there wasn't enough room. No matter, it's a top piece.
                                Thanks

And the answer to your question is "yes". The piece on first edit was actually about 4,400 words long. I'd really gone into a fair amount of detail and analysis on some aspects. The word count for the Respective articles is around 3,000 so I literally had to compress it down by a third! I will admit some bits read better for having chopped them up, but there were parts I removed talking about (such as the peripherals to plug into the controller for example) simply due to them not being as important in the scheme of the piece.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X