Useful Mega Drive site for box art.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful Mega Drive site for box art.

May be known to many here - not sure? Found this while Googling - shows why Japanese box art is so much better than anything else. Check the MD a-z bottom right:

http://shadowmoon.altervista.org/
    Last edited by Max P.; 19-11-2006, 19:15.

Some truly gorgeous artwork there. Makes me want to get back into Jap MD collecting. Looking at the fantastic Bare Knuckle covers, it reminds me just how short-changed we were with the UK MD artwork (especially the really crappy SOR 3 boxart.) Love the Minato No Traysia cover, too - we'd never have got anything like that over here.

Comment

'S' is my favourite - just one beautiful cover after another:

http://shadowmoon.altervista.org/md%20games%20s.html

I had no idea of most of these games - the MD was my first imported console in 1989 and I only got another two years ago.

See the third game down? - "Same, Same, Same" - is that an accurate translation? Reminds me of the film Tora, Tora, Tora...

Comment

The Megadrive sure has some glorious boxart. ESWAT, Strider, ALESTE, Gunstar Heroes, Langrisser...plus many, many more. All works of art!

Comment

Originally posted by Max P.
          See the third game down? - "Same, Same, Same" - is that an accurate translation? Reminds me of the film Tora, Tora, Tora...
          I think it was commonly known over here as Tora! Tora! Tora! (which would be appropriate), but was later found out to actually be pronounced Same! Same! Same! in Japanese. I don't know myself, cos I can't speak Japanese. I always call it Fire Shark, anyway, to make things easier.

Comment

Same means Shark in Japanese. It'S pronounced like Sam eh

Yakumo

Comment

Ahhh, but the famous 70's film "Tora, Tora, Tora" about the Second WW Pearl Harbour attack translates as 'Tiger, Tiger, Tiger' I believe - that being the code word that they chose to confirm the attack had been achieved with full surprise.

http://vikingphoenix.com/public/rong...t/fuchida1.htm

Has anyone played it? I must admit to buying 'Advanced World War' for the MD purely for the box art and intro - otherwise unplayable to a non-Japanese speaker. I will have to look out for Tora...

Is Fireshark the name for the Western release? Is it a stratergy or action game?
              Last edited by Max P.; 20-11-2006, 06:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P.
                Is Fireshark the name for the Western release? Is it a stratergy or action game?
                It's Western title is Fire Shark and it's a very decent Toaplan vertical shooter, kind of like Truxton crossed with 1942.

Comment

Working...
                X