Collecting an addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting an addiction?

Are there many here that are extremelly addicted to buying games?
    I dont know where its gunna end for me as i cant bloody stop!

I no longer have any wadrobe space left !
    And thats in 2 rooms LOL

Not counting my study room /walls/shelves that are filled with gaming memorabila!
    Visitors to my home call it the museum.

Pls help and tell me i aint the only one! LOL

Maybe there should be a collectors
    Anonymous

I'm quite willing to admit I have a problem. I used to buy games purely to collect them. I've managed to kick that part of the habit and shed the dross but the next step of clearing out some of the games I'd love to play but won't have time to is taking a bit more time.

You are not alone!
    Dan

Comment

Yeah I think I have that problem too. I keep trying to stop buying games but I'm to weak... Not sure a clear-out is in order, but cutting down on gaming expenses is a must! The problem is : with boards like these, you always find out new (old) exciting games, and there are always "must-haves" you still need to play, etc. I need to learn some patience, I think.

Comment

I've solved it to some extent by allocating myself a specific amount of shelf space. The shelves are full of course, so if I want to buy new stuff, I have to sell old stuff. That way I get to have a decent collection but every so often I have to think again about what's really important to me.

It'd be easier just to dump the lot, mind.

Comment

Yes it is an addiction.

I went and got a box of games I was going to flog, took it downstairs, then 5 minutes later went back downstairs, took the box back upstairs vowing not to sell!

Comment

Yeah when I used to collect I would buy all kinds of crap.
            I'm collecting again, I think the addiction is starting to creep back, but luckily I don't have a lot of money for games, and I'm still managing to refrain from buying crap games and hardware.

Comment

And it all started three years ago when I was bored at Uni...went into gamestation which had just opened up...bought a second hand megadrive....bought Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles...bye bye life....

Comment

Is Sonic 3 any good?

Comment

Only when I am in Japan, never online or in Dutch shops (pal sucks, and you know it).

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182
                    And it all started three years ago when I was bored at Uni...went into gamestation which had just opened up...bought a second hand megadrive....bought Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles...bye bye life....
                    Haha, sounds very familiar. I was back in rural Lincs one uni holiday, doing factory work, and saw a 2nd hand MD in a video shop with a load of games. It was ?45. I bartered the guy down to ?25 if i only took half the games. I ditched all the crappy ones, and swiped myself a right bargain

From then on, was hooked ... discovered eBay when I got back to uni. There wasn't even a proper ebay.co.uk at that time, there was just a UK section on ebay.com - hence why my account is registered before ebay.co.uk existed

Re: Sonic 3 - I hated it, but some people rave about how it's the best ever. Down to taste, I guess. I don't think it's as fast paced - and all the different shields etc. diminished the essential simplicity for me. Plus the two player vs. modes suck. Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3D and Sonic CD are the best IMHO, and the rest are a bunch of cack.

Comment

I started buying Master System stuff years ago, sort of when the Playstation 1 was becoming a bit less popular. Swapped an el-crappo Playstation game at Wigan Cash Converters for a Master System 1 with a couple of games, inc afterburner.

Found out the cheat for Afterburner myself as well by accident, so funny when you just stay in the corner and all the missles go straight for you, then duck under your fuselage!

After that I wanted to collect all old games, systems, computers and I had absolutely loads, went to carboots nearly every weekend in summer always got interesting stuff, but then I just decided Sega and Nintendo stuff, since its what im interested in the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian
                        Re: Sonic 3 - I hated it, but some people rave about how it's the best ever. Down to taste, I guess. I don't think it's as fast paced - and all the different shields etc. diminished the essential simplicity for me. Plus the two player vs. modes suck. Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3D and Sonic CD are the best IMHO, and the rest are a bunch of cack.
                        Bah, what about Sonic & Knuckles! Easilly my favourite Sonic game.

Comment

cool thanks for sharing your gaming addiction stories..
                          I feel a little better,
                          i got panorama cotton today for the megadrive which cost me $139.00 U.S and also in the midst of locking in eliminate down for EURO 111.00.
                          Off to toys r us tonight for the midnight wii launch,

Whens it gunna end!??
                          i think i may rid the internet from my life and not know about any old cool games!

Forums dont help in that way ! LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X