Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PSX] Internal Section: REZ forerunner or Tempest copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PSX] Internal Section: REZ forerunner or Tempest copy?

IS: Internal Section (Square, 1999)

The game was released only in Japan and it's quite hard to find. I would like to know what kind of game it is, and if it's really groundbreaking or just average.

Thanks

I've got it, and I'd love to be able to play it, thanks largely to hearing it was a bit of a 'Rez/Tempest' thing, but my PS2 isn't having any of it, despite the chip I bought specifically so I could do JPN PS1 releases. Tch. Tried all the usual combos - double taps etc.

Screenshots look lovely though...

Comment

It's like Tempest a bit. Not really much like rez at all. It's a traditional shooter in a tube. Plays a bit like Beamrider on the C64 in a weird sort of way.

The music was superb.

You had lots of different weapons, which were all quite different. I wouldn't pay lots of money for it.

Comment

I have a chipped PS1, the first model that came to Europe (SCPH-1002 I think) and it's still working fine I think you can get a working one cheaper than what only the PS2 chip or loading system costs. I have friends with the same problems in other games.

I've been told that Internal Section lets you insert a music CD and then the game changes the stage design according to the music. Is it true?

Comment

I think it does, Aiden1945 - looks to be instructions to this effect in the instructions, from what I can fathom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator
            looks to be instructions to this effect in the instructions
            no way man (sorry)

Comment

It was back then a too weird of a game for me but later on I really thought of it being a Rez forerunner.

Comment

Working...
              X