Retro Game Stores in New York???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Game Stores in New York???

After promising my better half I wouldn't be wasting my time trawling Mahattan for retro gamestores, as I did on my last trip the big apple, I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of the best retro stores in NY??

I found a decent one in the flatiron district, but have forgotten what the bloody thing is called. I remember media 1.0 which was an import store, but think it's since changed names and locations.

Just wondering if anyone can direct me to the cheapeast and best places for retro gaming goods in New York City, so as to save my girlfriends from days of torment????

Cheers
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 02-12-2006, 22:04.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

This one

East on Canal from Broadway about 4 blocks,and it'll be on your right.

There is also a new one opened recently in the East Village. I'll find out what its called and location.

When you going?

Comment

Nice work Nick ma boy!
      I'm off on the 16th fly back Xmas Eve.

We're staying in the flatiron district not to far from Greenwich village I beleive.

*Edit: J&L looks pricey online. Are the store prices similar?
      Cheers

Comment

Retro stuff is cheap,and if you pay cash then no tax.

The new PSP and DS games are $40 new,so a steal at ?20.

Comment

VideogamesNY (use to be called Multimedia 1.0) 202 East 6th Street at 3rd Ave

Comment

Retro stuff is cheap,and if you pay cash then no tax.
            Really?? I toured the states for four months a few years back and have always had to pay tax!? Do you need to show your passport or something?

cheers
            Paul

Comment

Paul,just thought of another store for you.

Come out of J&L and opposite you is Elizabeth Street Mall. There is another import store on the lower level of that. It's a tiny Mall so you wont miss it.

In that store and J&L it's no tax on cash deals. Just a tax/IRS dodge.

Don't ask for the same in the Apple store!

Comment

Yeah been to the Elizabeth St. Mall before.
                Picked up a bundle of PSX RPG's for $15 a pop and sold them for a hefty profit in the UK!
                Cheers again Nick!
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by oceanfr
                  VideogamesNY (use to be called Multimedia 1.0) 202 East 6th Street at 3rd Ave
                  Very cool store. Will be going there again over Christmas when I'm in NY (this is the store on St Mark's Place right?).

Edit: Just reliased that they're moved to that address, here's their website http://www.videogamesnewyork.com/ Multimedia 1.0 I think was owned by a guy over on Digital Press, if you do a search on their forums you may be able to dig up some pictures.
                  Last edited by son_of_bael; 05-12-2006, 01:51.

Comment

thanks mate.
                    Did go to media 1.0 before, but prices were really high, around $70-80 for the 4mb ram boxet of Marvel Vs. Sf on the saturn. Anyhoe I'll take a look in about 12 days!
                    cheers again

Comment

Recent DP thread on the same subject:

I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I was wondering if there were any good places for classic video games in New York. I am currently in the Binghamton area but I might be taking a short trip to the city, so if you know of anything please share. Thanks.

Comment

and I thought J&L was high, we call em jips n rips

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                        thanks mate.
                        Did go to media 1.0 before, but prices were really high, around $70-80 for the 4mb ram boxet of Marvel Vs. Sf on the saturn. Anyhoe I'll take a look in about 12 days!
                        cheers again

Comment

Went to Videogames NY last week. Fancy Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Xbox for $149.99 anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
                            Paul,just thought of another store for you.

Come out of J&L and opposite you is Elizabeth Street Mall. There is another import store on the lower level of that. It's a tiny Mall so you wont miss it.
                            Bugger, I trawled around for ages trying to find that store. I ended up getting my PSP from J&L, whose prices weren't too bad at the time (2005)

Comment

Working...
                            X