No announcement yet.

Best Handheld to run Mame etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know so much about emulation that I thought it was illegal and I thought one couldn`t promote it on NTSC-uk. I am now sure that I am wrong about both.
    well, we've established that you are wrong.

Hardly. In fact I saw it at a TGS. I didn`t buying it because it wasn`t for sale and it was a PC game. I assumed it was official by the very nature of where it was being shown.
    and you simply forgot about one of your favourite games getting an official release until 2-3 months after? Hmm. Okay. Regardless - it didn't (or at least hasn't) had an official release. I find the fact you didn't photo graph this for your TGS 06 montage also somewhat out of character.

I think you are right.

Some people don`t like emulation for other reasons than just the question of legality.
    so, we've been all around the houses to finally get to what this is about : you don't like people who emu because you feel your self crowned status as Hardcore King of Gaming might be challenged and that they find out about games "cheaply" ? Seriously - get over yourself - the games you "discover" aren't yours to hoard as you own treasuresthat no one else is allowed to know about, you can't copyright the idea of discovering something thousands of people know about.

Aki... sorry, this is tiresome i realise. I'm bugging out now. I've offered my take on Handhelds and JJ has nothing to offer this thread - so we should both take a hike from this thread.
    Sorry all.

Comment

And to close... the handheld idea went out the window... though I am looking for star soldier/Gradius for the PSP

Bought a modded xbox.. so I am enjoying some oldies again along with the lastgen xbox games I missed the first time..

Ta

Matt

Comment

`and you simply forgot about one of your favourite games getting an official release until 2-3 months after? Hmm.`

You assume TGS`06, it was not. I did cover it/photograph it (despite it being a PC game) on a now defunkt message board.

Comment

You assume TGS`06, it was not. I did cover it/photograph it (despite it being a PC game) on a now defunkt message board.
          I'm guessing regadless of anything that it never came out seeing as we are rapidly approaching 2007 . So it didn't get an official release like you said.

Anyways - i didn't see any coverage from you or from anyone from TGS - i also attended TGS for the last 6 years and , again, never saw it (although it's quite possible to miss something). Given there are some very keen hardcore japanese gamers out here, i'd have thought one of them would have picked it up (Haru Notani or one of the other guys running the decent retro scene for instance)

i mean... you can see why this seems a bit odd right?

And to close... the handheld idea went out the window... though I am looking for star soldier/Gradius for the PSP
          Gradius collection came out on the PSP and includes the superb Gradius Gaiden and is well worth a look - not too thrilled by the PSP version of Star Soldier - but anyways. If you have a 1.5 or can go through downgrading it, you are into the world of awesome emulation (outside of mame)

CPS1 and CPS2 is pretty good - Aliens vs predator on the go can't be beat !

Comment

Working...
          X