super famicom help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super famicom help

just received the sfc jr which has been rgb modded and a bundle of games.all the games that i have tried so far have an excellent picture except super mario world which seems to have patches of graphics missing.i presume its a faulty cart but thought i would check with you guys.i have posted some pics which hopefully show the problem.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Try blowing in the cart or clean it, it's just dirt probably.

Comment

Yup either dirty cart or just plain ****ed up cart.

I had a copy of goemon 1 where the zooming & rotation effects were broke on it. The graphics would show up as garbage.

Comment

Yep, like Importaku and Akihabara say it looks like a buggered up cartridge. Try cleaning it with glasses cleaner if the blowing won't work. You'd be surprised how good glasses cleaner works on cartridges and CDs !! It's no abrasive and of course very kind to plastic since that's what glasses are made of these days.

Yakumo

Comment

Get a credit card / similar "store card" type thing, wrap a thin, soft cloth over it a couple of times, then apply some isopropyl alcohol or similar solvent sparingly to the cloth, then use it to put in the cartridge slot, wiggle it about and it should nicely clean the slot.

You can also try a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl alcohol or similar solvent, and use each end to rub along each side of the cartridges golden connector, you would be surprised at how much black / gunk etc normally comes off.

Comment

I've had carts which don't register, but I just get a cotton bud with some nail varnish remover, and the silver/gold contacts become shiny again- resulting in working games.

Give it a clean!

Comment

Called nintendo recently re: a faulty DS cart, and to my surprise, they said clean it gently with an eraser! Worked a treat, and that's what I use on any used snes carts I pick up. The trick is finding an eraser that's thin enough to fit in the gap.

Comment

tried cleaning it with cotton bud and nail polish remover but still no luck.will try with some other stuff and see if any difference.thanks for all the advice so far.

Comment

I do have a spare SMW for SFC spare here if you want a replacement

Must admit I've played loads of games on my SNES and never seen something like that before...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yeah... it must be a busted cart. I've never seen anything like it. Any carts I've had, either work, or don't work.

In fact the cleaning has got non-working carts working again, so I've never had broken game.

Comment

Working...
                    X