Amstrad CPC Side Scrolling Plane Shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amstrad CPC Side Scrolling Plane Shooter

Does anyone remember the name of a game fitting the above description.

All I can (vaguely) remember is your plane taking off from a battle ship at the start of the game and on the last level you flew above a city before having to land back on the ship at the end.

It was definitely a tape game rather than the later floppies and I think the box had a picture of a plane in the middle with the rest of the cover being blue with the game name written across the top.

I remember playing this as a child and (shock horror) my dad actually being better at it than I was at the time, so would be interested to see if I could get hold of it again to set the record straight

Any help would be appreciated!

Can't remember if you took off from a ship or not, but the only one that springs to mind is the conversion of P-47:

Comment

I has been a few years, but I think "Harrier Attack" is what your looking for. Man, I used to love that game .

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss
        I has been a few years, but I think "Harrier Attack" is what your looking for. Man, I used to love that game .
        Thanks, you are the man!

Be interesting to see how good this is to play thesedays, will try and source a download.

Comment

I think you maybe right...

cover matches the description too:

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity
            Be interesting to see how good this is to play thesedays, will try and source a download.
            I'll let you know... if it ever finishes loading.

Comment

LOL, I can remember those crazy loading times, luckily have managed to find a emulator and a download of the game, seems incredibly difficult, although I don't know if its the emulator making the controls sluggish, or that is just how they always were.

Comment

Fiddled around with the emulator and it is now running fine, unfortunately for me my Dad is still better at it than I am

Comment

This game ****ing owns, that whole pack in pack was super awsome on Amstrad...probably absolute nosh now but what can ya do.......

I had difficulty landing often but was pretty good at it, missing the ship was such a curse running out of fule was bad news tho fun trying to take out stuff when you crash.........one of the best features was taking square crunks out of stuff loller.

Anyone remember Bridge-it.....insane.

Comment

Brilliant game. Oh Mummy was another fantastic amsoft game.

Comment

^I always wanted an Amstrad because of that mega-bundle of games. At the time, my mum got us an Acorn Electron instead.

Still, it had a great version of Pacman included (Snapper).

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain View Post
                        Brilliant game. Oh Mummy was another fantastic amsoft game.
                        Yeah definitely, I still have that damn theme song from that game in my head today.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Anyone remember Bridge-it.....insane.
                          Ah Bridge-it, the first game I ever played , never was any good at it tho .

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                            Yeah definitely, I still have that damn theme song from that game in my head today.
                            LOL me too that tune was awsome........evn my ma loved Oh Mummy, simple & brill.

Deffo one of the wierdest selection of games...............

Roland in the Caves was such a friggin nightmare to get out of the....caves.

I was pretty scared of Sultans Maze(??)........and I had no real idea when i was 7 or so wtf "animal, mineral, vegatable" was all about roffle.

Comment

Working...
                            X