Code Veronica Complete Dreamcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code Veronica Complete Dreamcast?

am I right in thinking there was a Code Veronica for the Dreamcast with all of X additions released in Japan?

Yeah.

Code Veronica X was known as Code Veronica Complete in Japan, and the Dreamcast version of it only came out in Japan.

I've got the Dreamcast version myself. It's really nice, without the nasty motion blur of the PlayStation2 version, though the GameCube version is probably just as good, and came out in English.

Comment

I own this game. Its way better than the original release and almost fully playable. Almost, as notes with some hints and clues on it are in Japanese. Nice looking white box which sports some kind of arctic circle map.

I *think* its better than the GC version, but I could be biased on this one. Still, the DC version has ofcourse the nice VMU heartbeats which is impossible to get on other consoles.

Comment

DC and GC one are about the same, there might be differences, but both blow away the PS2 one. I'd only recommend the GC one because I reckon the notes and the like, which give insight to the background of the story and characters, are a key part of the game, so it being in English is important imo. But we all have our own opinions on this.

Comment

Anyone have trouble running this (Pal version) via a DC-X on a Japan DC? Whatever combination I use on the DC-X screen I get a 'funny' display...

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
            Anyone have trouble running this (Pal version) via a DC-X on a Japan DC? Whatever combination I use on the DC-X screen I get a 'funny' display...
            PAL versions 50HZ only and a JAP Dreamcast doesn't do 50HZ, if you could force it into 60HZ it would display fine but unfornately it's one of the few games you can't do this with.

Comment

This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast & I wasnt disappointed, amazing game, I didnt know about a more complete version, apparently there is a beta version with some minor differences, anyone have any info on it?

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast & I wasnt disappointed, amazing game, I didnt know about a more complete version, apparently there is a beta version with some minor differences, anyone have any info on it?
                Yeah you did, it's the version that came out on the PS2

Most people don't know it came out on the DC too, though.

Comment

wtf, it was made for it . How could they not??

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi View Post
                    wtf, it was made for it . How could they not??
                    I meant people didn't know there was a Dreamcast version of Code Veronica X (i.e, the Complete version) And why should they? The Dremacast version of Code Veronica Complete was never released outside of Japan.

Comment

I assumed it was just a shoddy port, oh well, anyone got any info on this beta?

Comment

well, I caved in and picked up Code Veronica Complete for the DC - I'm looking forward to going through it for the umpteenth time!

Comment

Working...
                        X