Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer Issue 33

Why you must play: Street Fighter III:3rd Strike

What do you do when you've created one of the word's greatest fighters? Make one that's even better, of course.

Retroinspection - CD32
    Commodore's last real hope of the console equivalent of a white elephant. Retro Gamer investigates...

The Classic Game - Silent Hill
    Blow the dust off your PSOne and experience one of the console's most terrifying games.

Pokemon - ten years at the top
    Looking at the origins of one of the most successful franchises of all time.

Developer Lookback - Sensible Software
    Jon Hare discusses bouncing balls, why war was so fun and the intricacies of the offside rule.

The Making of - Earthworm Jim
    David Perry reveals how he created Earthworm Jim, one of the nineties' most popular videogame heroes.

Company Profile - Data East
    Retro Gamer reveals how one of Japan's most successful coin-op companies came undone.

The Making of alter Ego
    Dr Peter J Favaro reveals the incredible journey behind one of the Commodore 64's most distinctive titles.

The Classic Game - Street Fighter II
    All hail one of the greatest 2D beat-em-ups ever made: the dazzling, age-defying Street Fighter II

Plus
    zombies ate my Neighbours
    Exolon
    Shinobi III
    Castle Adventure
    Metal Black
    Missile Command
    Policenauts and much much more.
    Last edited by Strider; 21-12-2006, 15:22.

Is this out now?

Comment

Next Thursday. it goes up now as subs will get it any time.

Comment

Cool looking forward to the Silent HIll article.

Comment

Great cover! Ken and Ryu have never looked sooo good. 8)

I look foward to reading the Data East profile. Such a good company. Bad Dudes V's Dragon Ninja is a fave!

Zombies Ate My Neighbours is a great game. Definitely deserves coverage.

I've really been enjoying RG over the past few months. It's developed into a well-rounded package!
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-12-2006, 22:34.

Comment

Two simple words... NO CALENDAR.

Was it really too much to ask for? I mean come on, even Viz has managed to burp one out!

Comment

Third strike FTW can't wait till Thursday

Comment

Looking forward to the Data East article muchly, and the Shinobi III thing has piqued my interest. I wish there was some 'Data East Classics Collection' on PS2, but there bloody well isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Looking forward to the Data East article muchly, and the Shinobi III thing has piqued my interest. I wish there was some 'Data East Classics Collection' on PS2, but there bloody well isn't.
                  Capcom, Namco, Sega, Taito, are big names. I guess Data East doesn't have the public recognition that would make a publisher consider making a retro-pack of its games. Maybe it would be difficult getting rights to the games, now the company is dead?

Obviously... for most serious gamers, the name brings back many memories of all the great arcade games the company produced.

Comment

Are you certain it will appear this week, Darren? No sign of it anywhere. The next month page in RG32 claims it is out on Jan 4th.

Comment

The cover's swayed me, seeing as I'm heading home on Friday I'll pick this up after work on Thurs for the journey home.

Street Fighter, Zombies, Sensible Software

Comment

Man, SFIII so doesn't 'feel' like retro

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar View Post
                          Man, SFIII so doesn't 'feel' like retro
                          It's 2D man!!! You can't get more retro than that

In a way you're perfectly right though. Especially as it obviously appeared on both the PS2 and Xbox, both very recent machines. On the other hand, it also appeared on the Dreamcast, a console that many gamers do now feel to be a retro machine (although all these games appearing on the newer consoles just shows how awesome it really was )

If i'm brutally honest, I just don't think Street Fighter III gets enough praise in the gaming press, so RG was in a good position to do something about it and tell everyone just how amazing it actually is.

Next month, Dead Rising.

Comment

I recall reading about Street Fighter III in an issue of CVG from 1997, so that makes it retro in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
                              I recall reading about Street Fighter III in an issue of CVG from 1997, so that makes it retro in my eyes.
                              Yeah... seems like another life time. The game didn't create much of a buzz back then, but I enjoyed playing it in the arcades, and the Dreamcast versions have seen plenty of action.

Great cover, great game!

Comment

Working...
                              X