No announcement yet.

Any Japanese readers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off topic but! how do i enable email notifcations of posts etc?

Comment

Up at the top, Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread

Maybe

Comment

yup thanks!

Comment

Just found this site too - really useful search facility. Lots of good game info here too:

Last edited by Max P.; 28-12-2006, 06:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
            Hi Yakumo,

I know but problem was each time I was getting outbid by only one bid though ie 250 - 500 yen!

Just happened yet again today!

Outbid by a final winning bid of 200 yen - someone has it in for Celga I think!

Comment

when you use these services does it extend the length of the auction by 5 minutes everytime a new bid is placed near the time up? It should do, if not then that could be a reason why you keep getting out bid.

Yakumo

Comment

That is how I believe Yahoo.jp works Yakumo - but you know much better than me. However, because of the time extension that you mention, Celga place their clients bids a few hours before the end of the auction.

Comment

If that´s the case with Celga, I strongly recommend Shopping Mall. What´s the point of auctions without exciting bid wars (or at least an opportunity to take apart of them:-). There you can bid "live" last minute (or second, but there is no real point to try to snipe the auctions since the auction time often becomes ten minutes longer - but I guess the sellers has that as a choice since I have seen auctions end without extension?).

If you miss the auctions with just 200 yen etc. I guess that "only" show that you are the second highest bidder. The one who won the auction can have put in 2000 Yen more than the winning bid, but since no one bid that high it ends on a lower "step".

If you want to try Shopping Mall and have any questions and can try to answer. I also think Yakumo can help you for a little (not higher than the others) fee

Edit; btw, two days ago I won a nice Sin & Punishment poster and I noticed there was someone from Celga who had the second bid. I was a little bit surprised he/she didn´t bid again last minutes, but maybe I now have the answer;-)
                  Last edited by Nimrodil; 29-12-2006, 16:29.

Comment

Well here's another option to get things from japan.
                    http://oohjapan.com/ (could be similar to crescent)
                    I sent my quotation request to this service las week and their response was pretty quick. Other than that, they simply ship your products when you bid on japanese auction, and you don't have to pay your deposit before you know you have won the auction.
                    http://oohjapan.com/auction/index.htm
                    Most of other services require your deposit in advance BEFORE your bid starts. Of course they bid on your behalf by their ID, but ooh!Japan gives you a guide to get your own ID and let you bid by yourself.
                    http://oohjapan.com/auction/manual/yahoo/yahoo01.htm
                    You just have to give you your ID so they deal with sellers and ship it to your home. Pretty good, heh?
                    Last edited by usagichan; 16-01-2007, 06:19.

Comment

Working...
                    X